5. A man in the garden

A specially composed fanfare announced the arrival of leaders of all the seven packs. The royal castle of Wicrelf looked even more grand than before with all the decorations. Not only the castle, every nook and corner of the capital was polished.

Alpha Edward and Luna Barbara were greeted at the entrance by Duke Lorenzo and Duchess Lily. They had a small talk before Anwar, Persephone and Ariana were introduced. As soon as they entered the hall, they started mingling with delegates of other packs.

"... and this is my eldest child, Anwar Ronan Bennet." Alpha Edward introduced to Alpha of another pack.

Alpha Edward's face showed irritation as Anwar was still facing the other way even after the mention of his name. Persephone elbowed him.

"Huh? Beg your pardon."

"Alpha Marshall of pack Yuloni." Alpha forwarded his hand and introduced himself. Anwar shook his hand and was about to speak when he got interrupted. "I already got your name."

"Oh." Anwar smiled sheepishly. Alpha Edward facepalmed mentally.

"And I am Persephone Luna Bennet." spoke a proud voice.

"Luna? Is it really your middle name?" Luna Victoria of Yuloni chuckled.

"Yes. Mother, here, had given something else. But when I reached the age of five, I insisted on changing it to Luna. After all, I am going to be one someday."

Luna Victoria gave her a polite smile and turned to Ariana.

"And what is the name of such a beauty?"

Persephone rolled her eyes.

"Ariana." She gave a shy smile.

"Your last name holds power, child. Use it." Alpha Marshall gave her a stern look.

"Marshall." His wife scolded.

"Difficulty of being a girl, Alpha. A particular last name does not stick with us.Might as well use the name given to us, which is not shared with others, which is mine to build and mine to destroy."

"Careful, child. Whether you agree or not, you have name and responsibilities attached to you by being born in the Bennet family."

Ariana pondered for a while before nodding. "I shall definitely take your advice into consideration, Alpha."

Alpha Marshall suppressed the smile trying to form on his lips. Instead he gently put his hand on her head as if giving a blessing and walked away to catch up with others.

"Well that went well." said Alpha Edward, hesitantly.

Ariana pulled Anwar to the side. "What is wrong with you?"

Anwar checked left and right before answering. "I don't know. Ronan is being restless. My mind is not functioning properly."

Ariana widened at his words. "Do you think you are about to find her?"

"Find who?"

"What who? Your mate, of course."

"I- I don't know." He stuttered.

"This is so exciting!" Ariana clasped her hands together.

"Everyone! Please have a seat." voice of Duke Lorenzo boomed inside the hall, gaining everyone's attention.

"Firstly, I would like to thank all the Alphas and Nobles for taking out time to join us here. Now, you all must have been expecting the Crown Prince's presence. But the Prince has gone to receive blessings of our King and Queen, to pay tribute to them. So we, Duke and Duchess of Wicrelf welcome each and everyone of you to the coronation ceremony of our future Alpha, our future King."