43

Shin's POV

"Get out," malamig na sabi ni kuya Jonas kay Kris pagkapasok niya at kumunot naman ang noo ko.

"What's wrong?" naguguluhan kong tanong ko sa kanya.

"Shin, this is not right," diretso niyang sabi sa'kin habang nakakunot ang noo.

"Ano ba? Anong nangyayari?" naguguluhan kong tanong at tinignan niya muna si Kris and then Kris looked at me, asking for my approval.

"No, you're not going anywhere," sabi ko sa kanya at hinawakan ang kamay niya nang mahigpit.

"Shin, I better go. I'll be right outside, I don't want to interrupt something," sabi niya at binitawan ang kamay ko at mabilis na lumabas sa kwarto ko without even looking back.

"What do you want?" tanong ko sa kanya with annoyance in my tone. I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone of them, ayaw ko silang makita o marinig.

"What happened to you? Is that Kris' effect on you?" tanong niya with disgust on his face.

"What?" Naguguluhan kong tanong sa kanya. What the fuck is wrong with him? Ano na naman bang problema niya?

He's starting another fucking fight that he has no business of.

"You spend one year with Kris and you're already disrespecting your own family, you're already fighting back." Pang-iinsulto niya sakin and it took me a minute to compose myself and not punch him in the face right now.

"And I'm not supposed to do that? I'm not supposed to defend myself? I shouldn't choose the person that makes me happy? 'Yun ba? Dapat palagi na lang akong robot na sumusunod sa bawat turo niyo? No buts?" Natatawa kong tanong sa kanya.

"No, but I'm saying, you're fighting back, you're shouting at Sr. Matt's face ike he's nothing, like he's not your father!"

"Because finally, for the first time in my life, I have something to fight for!"

"You're breaking every rule that was set for you, you had one job, Shin! One job!" sigaw niya sa'kin at kaagad namang nag-init ang ulo ko sa sinabi niya.

He made me feel like I wasn't doing anything and my job's in the mafia is fucking easy. Like I wasn't risking my life all the fucking time for them, like I wasn't fixing every mess and error they made, like I was not the one who catches the fall of their punishments!

"One job?! You call this one fucking job?! If I had one fucking job I wouldn't be bleeding to my death right now! You have no idea what kind of job was assigned to me when I was seven!" sigaw ko pabalik sa kanya at nagpasukan naman ang pamilya ko sa loob ng kwarto ko to check up on us.

"Do you know what your father assigned me to?! He told me that whatever happens, I come in last, I don't think about my life, I sacrifice my life for you! He told me that if ever I was put to a situation where I had to choose between your lives or mine, I come in last! The father that you're sucking up to told me on my seventh birthday that if there was a bullet firing right at you, I jump in to save your lives!" sigaw ko at natigilan silang lahat especially him. His expression softened and suddenly had an apologetic face.

Like his stupid face is going to take back whatever he has said to me.

"Shin..." He tried to speak but nothing came out from his stupid mouth.

"He told me that I have no right to think about what's good for me or what will keep me alive because my job is to die for you! My job is to do every job you're not capable of, to fix everything that you mess up, to catch every fall that you make, that's my fucking job! He told me that I was born to keep you guys alive, on my seventh fucking birthday! And you know what he gave me as to a reminder of my job?! That fucking lamp that I treasured because I was the stupid little girl who thought that there will come a time when he will finally value me!" sigaw ko pa sa kanya habang tumutulo ang luha ko.