Meeting The New Harrison

The whole night I tossed and turned – barely got any sleep. Whenever I would close my eyes, I'd see some images from my dream. It was probably the most inappropriate dream I've ever had about a boss of mine. I sighed and placed the hot mug of coffee on my forehead – my head was aching due to the lack of sleep.

"Oww." I winced and rubbed my forehead – I almost burned it.

"Dear, are you sure you are okay?" Penny asked for the tenth time.

I placed the mug on the counter and gave her a half-smile, "Yes Penny, it is just a headache – it will go away." I tried to convince her.

She sighed, "All right, but I think you should eat something too." She instructed.

I just nodded my head. Due to the lack of sleep last night – I woke up very late in the morning –I woke up by Davis knocking on my door. I didn't want to be late on my second day so, I just brushed my teeth, washed my face, changed into fresh clothes, and rushed out. I barely got two hours of sleep and my head was aching – I was walking mess.

I didn't shower nor did I have breakfast. When I rushed downstairs to get in the car – Davis looked at me funnily but didn't say a word about my looks. When I got in the car and saw myself in the side mirror of the car – I almost screamed in horror. My hair was a mess, it honestly looked like a birds nest, I had bags under my eyes and clothes looked like I wore them without pressing them – which I did. I combed my hair with my fingers and tried to straighten my clothes with my hands. When I reached the penthouse – the first thing that penny asked was if I was okay. I told her that I wasn't feeling good and woke up late so I didn't have the time to get ready properly. Penny is a darling – she made a cup of coffee for me, which I am sipping in pure pleasure. I was already feeling much better. Thankfully, Marcus is out on a morning walk with Kathryn. I didn't want him to see me like this. I drew a deep breath and lower my head on the counter with my arms around my head.

I heard Penny's footsteps approaching the kitchen but, I didn't lift my head. She will not mind – she knows that I am not feeling well. "Are you okay, Miss McGill?" Marcus's voice startled me. I lift my head briskly – almost snapping my neck in the process. He narrowed his eyes, "You don't look good, Miss McGill. Are you all right?" he asked me again.

He was standing right in front of me with sleeping Kathryn in his arms. He looked different – very different. He was wearing a gray hooded t-shirt and black track pants. His eyes were covered in black shaded-glasses. His Chest-nut hair was a little messed around – probably due to the wind. I've hardly seen him wearing anything other than suits. My eyes zoomed in his lips – same lips that were extremely close – no, actually on my lips in my dream. Also, I noticed that the stubble looks good at him – he hasn't shaved for a while and he probably shouldn't for a few days. My eyes again went to his lips and the whole dream flashed through my eyes.

He took his sunglasses off, "Miss McGill, you are staring. Are you okay?" He asked me again – he sounded a little annoyed.

His voice snapped me out of my thought. "Yes." I squealed and then cleared my throat, "I mean – yes. Yes, I am okay. I just have a little headache." I explained.

I nodded his head, "If you don't feel okay then I think you should probably take a day off." He suggested.

"Oh – no. No, I am okay. It is just a little headache – it will eventually go away." I replied and stood up while placing the mug on the counter.

Marcus frowned and glanced at the hair and sighed, "Well, if you say so. Please put her in her cot." He requested and passed sleeping Kathie to me.

"Okay," I replied and walked passed by him. If I stay a little longer with him – I might start thinking inappropriately again.

After putting Kathie in her cot, I covered her small figure under her pink blanket. Some of her toys were scattered around the floor – I picked them up and arranged them properly in their place. I – then kissed her forehead and walked out of her room. My head was still aching but, not as bad as before. I walked down the stairs to see Joe standing in the middle of the lounge – texting something on his phone. I gulped as the dream flashed through my eyes yet again. He looked different too. He has grown stubble heavier than Marcus. He was wearing a gray suit with matching pants. His one hand was in his pocket. I drew a deep breath and slowly made my way to him.