Chapter Five

5•••

5
•••

You wake up with a splitting headache. It penetrates between your tired eyes and strikes continuously as your mind and body awaken. You rub your forehead in attempt to ease the pain, but it continues on for what feels like forever.

As there is no use, you sit up and lean against the headboard of your bed, letting your blurry eyes adjust to the dim room. You can only wish to go back to sleep and spare yourself of this piercing nuisance, but the clock rings a second time, marking on the ten minute snooze- the ten minutes past the time you should have been up and getting ready for a full day of training.

The sun hasn't even risen to the horizon yet.

You've been dreading Wednesdays ever since father and Rufus changed your training schedule. Not only is every Wednesday a bother to you, but it is a huge inconvenience to the others in the palace except your father. Suho has to be on guard outside your door by four in the morning which is two and half hours earlier than usual, Yeri has to be on stand by to tend to your needs, the servants need to illuminate the halls while the sun is still down, Rufus, Chanyeol, Lisa, and other caretakers of the courtyards are to be awake if facilities will be used and even Jisoo is up and at it for moral support. The kitchens are lucky to excuse the early rise as skipping breakfast before trainings have been more frequent.

You already hate Wednesdays, and it is only the second of this new schedule.

Groaning out of bed, you force your sleazy brain to think positive. The beautiful sunrise, the calming breeze, talking with Lisa, seeing Cha— 

You wince at a sharp pain to your head.

Even natural bodily functions are against you and the boy.

You lean against the sink counter and wash your face to wake your senses, but remnants of last night flash by you and your cheeks heat up. You cringe at yourself, groaning louder at how disgusted you are with your steamy bath affairs.

Positive thoughts, you wonder. Something to distract you, something happy- like Lisa's jokes, playing jokes on Jisoo, a new set of pastel paint, the hills from the balcony, Jennie on the balcony, Jennie coming tom- oh for goodness sake what is wrong with you!

You twist the faucet off and straighten on your back. You hadn't realized you were clenching your legs together.

This is absurd.

Your head is burning up and it seems these thoughts are walking through hell itself. The attractions for Chanyeol are sinful enough but Jennie— a Princess— a girl— you don't even know.

You can't comprehend what these sexual responses mean and are for because one minute, you are thinking of Chanyeol and the next, you are thinking of Jennie.

You curse your weakness for hands.

"Princess?" Yeri calls from outside the door, "Sir Rufus requested a check in. Are you in need of any help to dress?"