Chapter 14

Mia and Sage were heading towards the Great Hall for breakfast the next day. On their way, however, they met a group of Gryffindor boys.

"Morning, Mia," James started walking beside her with a grin on his face. "Had a good sleep?"

She linked arms with Sage. "Sure."

"Ah, I'm glad. Me too."

"I don't remember asking," Mia said coolly.

James' friends started laughing.

"Yeah, mate," a blonde guy pat his shoulder, "she really does seem to like you now."

"Shut up, Isaac," he muttered, glaring at him.

Mia quickened her pace, pulling Sage along with her.

"What's the rush?" James called after her.

"Aw, she's trying to get away from you," Isaac pouted. "But don't worry, I'm sure it's because she's in love with you. Makes perfect sense."

"I think I told you to shut up."

"Bitter Potter's making a comeback, everyone! Watch out!" Isaac grinned.

"I said," James clenched his jaw, "shut up."

"Relax," Isaac put a hand on his shoulder. "Jamia can still happen. Or is it Mames? Or perhaps... wake up, she's not into you?"

"Why am I even friends with you?" James asked.

"Because you have no choice."

"You guys are annoying," Jason spoke up for the first time.

"Then go hang out with your girlfriends," Isaac glared at him. "Or have you lot broken up? You have been spending a suspicious amount of time with us lately. Did they kick you out of the group?"

"As you can see," Jason gestured towards Mia and Sage, who were quite far away from them now, "they have other friends too. It's hard to find time to hang out now..."

"How sad. I'm going to cry," Isaac rolled his eyes.

"At least she's still your friend," James said bitterly.

"Come on, can't you just find someone else?" The redhead asked. "Mia is not the only girl in this school, you know."

"Right," Isaac nodded. "What do you even see in her? I mean, she's just a mean nerd, isn't she?"

"She's not mean," Jason frowned. "Well... okay, she is sometimes, but not really, you know?"

"No, I don't," Isaac gave him a confused look, then he turned back to James. "She's really fit, I'll give her that, but her personality is not the best."

"Look who's talking," Jason scoffed.

"Hey!"

"Can we just hurry up and get some breakfast already?" James asked. "I'm hungry."

"Hungry for Ms Malfoy, eh?" Isaac smirked.

"I just can't believe she doesn't like me," he said quietly. "I mean, what's there not to like?!"

"Who cares?" The blonde shrugged. "You can do better than her, James."

"Nah, I won't give up that easily. Defeat is not in my vocabulary."

"This is not even about Mia anymore, though, is it?" Jason frowned. "You don't care about her as a person, you only want the satisfaction of knowing that everyone likes you."

"Okay, Bennett," James rolled his eyes. "Thanks for your insight, I guess, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't jump to conclusions."

"Fine, don't listen to us."