A Little Secret

When I entered in the Harrison's Enterprise, it was quiet in there. There were just a few people around – of course because it was Sunday. As I was walking towards the elevator I heard a man from my behind, "Excuse me, Ma'am. Where are you going?" I twirled around to see a bulky middle-aged man approaching me.

I halted in midway, "Uh – I am here to meet Marcus Harrison. I am his daughter's nanny and I am here to pick her up." I told the man. By the way, he was dressed I could tell that he was the part of the security team or something.

He nodded his head, "Ma'am, I am sorry but, you have to wait. I have to ask Mr. Harrison before I'll let go." The man said to me as he took a cell phone from his suit's pocket.

I nodded my head, "Sure." I said.

He glanced at me before bring his phone to his ear, "Sir, there is a girl – She says that she's your daughter's nanny. Should I let her come to your office?" he talked to Marcus on the phone. He went quiet as Marcus was saying something to him. He finally nodded his head, "Yes sir, I will direct her the way." He said before cutting off the call. "I am sorry I stopped you, Ma'am. Mr. Harrison asked me to direct you the way to his office." He said humbly to me.

I smiled, "It's okay, Sir. You are just doing your job – I get it." I said. "Yes, please – I have never been here before. I don't know where his office is." I added. He offered me a small smile and led the way to Marcus's office. It was on the second to last floor of the building. Up to Marcus's office – the security man didn't say a single word nor did I say anything. As the elevator reached its destination, the security man walked out with me following him.

"That's his office. His daughter is with him in the office." The guy, who is still nameless to me, pointed towards the door at the very end of the floor.

I glanced at the closed door and nodded, "Thank you, Sir." I smiled.

"It's Bale." He said.

I smiled, "Well, have a nice day, Bale." I said.

"You too, Ma'am." He passed me a small smile.

"It's Charlotte," I told him. He smiled again and nodded before walking towards the other way. I looked at his walking figure for few seconds before twirling my head towards the closed door of Marcus's office. I sighed and walked towards his office while clutching my purse in my hand. I knocked on his door thrice and waited for his response. I couldn't hear anything from inside the door – I frowned and knocked again. This time the door swing opened – revealing the baby daddy. "Hi." I offered him a smile.

"Hello. I am sorry I bugged you on the weekend." He apologized and he scooted away from the door for me to enter in.

"It is okay, Mr. Harrison," I said to him and I stepped inside his office. I grinned as I saw Kathie sitting on the floor with lots of newspapers around her. She was wearing them with her small hands. She was so busying in destroying those newspapers that she didn't even saw me coming in.

"Well, it was the only way to make her quiet." Marcus shrugged as he stood beside me. I looked at him to see his eyes on his daughter while his hands were in his pants pocket. He was wearing a white formal shirt – with two of the buttons undone, the tie was resting on his desk while the suit-coat was nowhere in sight. I smiled as noticed that even though he look tired but, still his eyes were glinting as he was looking at his daughter. He was looking at her as she's is the only reason for his happiness – and maybe she is. He chuckled as his daughter did something – which I missed because I was too busy ogling her dad. I glanced at to see her laughing at the tore newspapers which she tried to throw at our way but, it ended up just beside her feet. "What would I do without you?" he said to his daughter and walked towards her. She giggled and raised her hands for her dad to pick her up. Marcus picked her up in his arms and kissed her loudly on her cheeks.