That's Better

Few days passed and it was Friday. Five days since I talked to Marcus – five days till I got the news that Leo's coming back. Maria is ecstatic – after all her brother was coming back but, I – I am freaking out. I haven't seen him for more than two years – I don't know how I am going to face him. He is coming in three days a week. My plan is simple – ignore Leo as much as I can.

"Char." Kathie squealed. I twirled my head towards her to see her showing me her stuff penguin. I laughed and came down to my knees and kissed her forehead.

"What a beautiful penguin," I said to her.

Kathie started calling me Char since the past few days. Joe taught her and as a quick learner that she is – she started calling me Char in no time. It is funny how she even sometimes calls her father Char. Apparently 'Char' is her favorite word these days and I have no problem with it. Kathie and I were sitting in the lounge after I fed her lunch – we were now playing with her stuff toys. Kathie was babbling about something when I heard some footsteps. I twirled around to see Marcus walking towards us while his eyes were on his cellphone.

I frowned and glanced at my wristwatch to see that it was only two in the afternoon, "What are you doing here?" I blurt out my question.

Marcus finally lifted his gaze to look at me, "If you don't remember, let me remind you – I live here, Miss McGill." He answered sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes, "I didn't mean like that." I mumbled.

He sighed and kneed down beside his daughter, who was so busy playing with her penguin that she didn't even saw her father coming. "Hello, my sweetheart." He said while kissing her forehead.

Kathie looked up and beamed, "Da-da." She said loudly before trying to get on his lap. Marcus laughed and picked her up in his arms. I smiled as I saw Marcus getting up with his daughter in his arms. Kathie giggled and pinched his father's chin.

Marcus laughed and took her hand away from his chin and kissed it before he looked at me, "Miss McGill, can I talk to you for a minute?" he asked.

This kind of question always scares me. I frowned and nodded nervously, "Sure." I said.

"Follow me, please." He said while walking towards his office. I twist my lips and quietly followed behind him. Kathie looked at me and waved her hand to me – I grinned and waved back to her. We reached his office, he twisted the knob and stepped in – I followed behind and walked after him.

"Please close the door behind." He asked while putting Kathie down on the floor. I did what he said. I smiled when I saw a few stuff toys resting on the bookshelf. Marcus picked them up and gave them to Kathie to place with. Marcus looked at me, "Oh, I have to keep her toys everywhere." He explained. "She often stays with me while I work – so, I shifted a few of her toys here as well." He added.

I smiled, "I understand." I said.

"Yeah." He shoved his hands into his pant pocket while I quietly stayed in the same position. After an awkward pause of a few seconds, he cleared his throat, "Please have a seat." He waved his hand towards the chair just in front of his desk while he sat on the chair behind the desk.

"So, I wanted to talk about something." He said while adjusting himself on the chair.

I nodded, "Yes?"

"There is this business partner we are dealing with – well, more likely I am dealing with and he wants me to come to his new house for a barbeque tomorrow. He wants to talk business over lunch." He said.

"Oh yeah, sure – you should go. I will look after Kathie." I said almost immediately.

"I wasn't done yet." He pointed out.