Chap 09

BLACK was the last thing I perceived before my body gave out. My eyes fluttered open and I found myself in a dimly lit room. I squinted my eyes in an attempt to adjust to the light. I racked my brain to recognise my surroundings. It felt like a hospital room but instead of the white gown I assumed to be dressed in, I was in my own clothes. What happened? Why am I in a hospital room?

          Realisation hit home hard and for one terrifying second, I witnessed SooMin pull out the blade. I remembered how she slammed my head into a wall. I immediately touched that spot to find it wrapped in a bandage. I then pulled up my sleeve to inspect the damage but found nothing. I sighed, pulling the sleeve back down. I glanced around to indicate where I was. Just then the door freed and my brothers stepped in.

"How are you feeling?" Aiden inquired as Aaron stood behind him. I caught sight of him and he looked  just as concerned as Aiden sounded.

"Where am I? What happened?" My mind buzzed contemplating how they are here.

"We're in school." Aiden responded. "In the infirmary, more specifically." Aaron added, glancing at me.

"Why?"

"We received a text from you saying to come to the girls bathroom." Aiden said. Promptly, Aaron pulled out his phone from his back pocket and handed it to me, "Remember?"

Drawing nearer, I read the text. True to their word, the text was sent by me but I didn't have an idea who did it. "Not really." I replied, giving a mirthless laugh.

"It must've been the medicines." Aaron declared, placing a finger under his chin portraying to be deep in thought.

       Acknowledging the fact I was all good, I decided to ignore the weird feeling in my head and play along. 

"School's almost over though." Aaron said, "and we told InHa to tell the teachers you weren't feeling well." Aiden added.

        I mentally cursed at them for doing such a thing but after all, they were keeping an eye out for me.

"Let's get you home sis." Aaron said, extending his hand. I gladly took it and got up. A wave of dizziness hit me as I did but Aiden was quick on his feet and rushed to my other side to hold me by my arm.

~

"You sure you don't need to go to the hospital hun? Mum asked for what seemed to be the hundredth time after coming back from school.

"Yes mum, I'm fine. Don't worry." I shook my head, "See, it doesn't hurt." I stated, trying to assure her that the bandage was nothing serious.

"Okay hun." With that said, mum turned on her heels and left my room, not closing the door behind her.

I groaned, getting up from my bed to close the door. "Triple A night!!!" Both of my brothers shrieked, entering my room with pillows tucked under their hands.

        A smile erupted on my face as I eyed them. Ever since we were kids, we had this little 'sibling time' for us where we would watch movies, eat junk food while discussing our lives. It gave me a sense of protectiveness, knowing how much we cared for each other despite our busy lives.

        As expected, we watched MVs and some movies with ice cream tubs on our sides. I wished to hamper time right then and there, to savour the moment. Just me and my brothers, all the worries seemed to be at the back of my head. But deep down, I knew.

Nothing lasts forever.

"So, how's school sis?" Aaron spoke, closing the laptop as the last movie for tonight ended. 

Time for the talking part, I thought to myself.

Trying to sound as normal as I could, I answered, "Good" as I sat up straighter.

"Don't lie aria." Aiden stated, raising his eyebrow as if he wasn't buying what I said.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, glancing down, fiddling with my hands.

"Oh, since you're playing dumb. Let me elaborate." Aiden declared, folding his arms; pulling out his 'big brother' stance on me. "You've been acting distant lately Aria. You don't talk as you used to. You don't randomly insult us like usual."

"-hey." Aaron interrupted, pouting like the little child he is.

"Shut up genius. Let me finish." Aiden scolded, shooting daggers at him. "Plus, you're distant from your friends at school." Aiden finished, letting out a harsh breath. A vein on his forehead popping out.

"And don't skip the part when you were sitting outside during lunch in that freezing weather." Aaron added as if what Aiden just bombarded me with wasn't enough.

        That was all it took for me to break down in front of my brothers and inform them about everything and I mean every single thing. I explained how I had great friends but SooMin started threatening me, going as far as bullying and how I didn't send that text.

"Pfft, I know you didn't send that." Aaron said, giving a dismissive wave with his hand. Acting like he had mind reading ability. 

"How?" I questioned. Perplexed, how my computer genius of a brother knew that.

"Well, it said; 'GIRLS BATHROOM QUICK'" He began, cracking his fingers, "as far as I know you, you would never miss those little punctuation mark of yours sis" he recalled, "and oh, you wouldn't just send me a text like that." He said, winking as if he solved a mystery.

       A laugh escaped my lips for the first time today, a genuine laugh. I underestimated my brothers. They knew me all too well. I wouldn't just send a text with grammatical errors. I always pay attention to the little things.

    My texts always included some sort of 'trait' of them at the end. 'Idiot', 'dumbo' are just a few illustrations as they did the same with 'k-popper' , 'mochi'....

You get the idea.

"On a serious note though, don't let her use you Aria. 'Love yourself' right?" Aiden said, shifting the cheery atmosphere to a serious one.

"Yes sir." I said as me and Aaron giggled.

"Ughh, kids." Aiden said, picking up his pillows to leave.

~

       I gave it some thought that night as I went to bed. As much as I hate to admit, my brothers were right. They supported me, unlike how I expected. I imagined them to blow up and I say that from experience. Nonetheless, I needed to stand up for myself. Nothing is achievable if you don't take the step for it. I needed to take that first step no matter how hard it is. Determined to bring that change in myself, I snuggled in my comforter to have a peaceful sleep.

         ---------------------------------------------

Did u hear DYNAMITE!!!

I'm really happy w how this story's going. Hope u all think the same.
Plus, THANK U, for the ever-increasing reads. Means a ton to me

Any opinions on how this story's gonna end?? I would love to know what u think.

Vote,
Share      &
Comment

:)