Hangover

I woke the next morning with a killer headache. It was hard to even open my eyes as the sunlight felt bad to my eyes. I glanced towards the parted curtains and mentally cursed the person who opened them. I rubbed my eyes and sighed. Yesterday I forgot why I hated to drink – it was a reminder for me. I am never drinking again. I was still feeling sleepy but, the headache wouldn't let me sleep in peace. I groaned and sat up on the bed – making myself feel nausea. I cringe as I felt a foul taste in my mouth – I need to brush my teeth. I moved my head towards the clocked and flinched as my head throbbed. I grabbed my hair in my fist and tugged it to make a headache go but, of course, it was useless.

I glanced at the side table to see two aspirins with a glass of water with a yellow post-it stick on the chest of the table. I knitted my brows and picked it up.

Take the painkiller – it will help with a headache. I also brought your bag into the room. Please freshen up and come downstairs. – Marcus. The note said. It was a little hard to read as Marcus's handwriting isn't very – readable.

Suddenly glimpses from last night came in my mind. I remember Marcus bringing me into the room and then we kissed – more as I kissed him. I groaned and covered my face with my palms. How can I be so stupid? I put the note back on the table and took the pills before gulping both down with water – I just want this headache to go away. I put the glass back on the table and rubbed my face before standing up on my feet – I have to take a shower to feel better.

During the shower, all I could think about was how stupid was I to drink too much. I don't even remember what I did in front of Ben – I vaguely remember jumping on the couch while Ben was trying to bring me down. And Marcus – why did I have to kiss him? I was trying so hard to forget about him and now, I have ruined it. I pressed my hands over the tiled wall and bowed my head down as the water ran through my body.

After taking my time in the shower – I brushed my teeth properly and changed into fresh clothes. I was already feeling better but, the headache wasn't completely gone – maybe a cup of coffee would help. I brushed my wet hair and took a deep breath before stepping out of the room. I slowly climbed down the stairs as my eyes were on the Harrison family sitting in the lounge. Owen and Elizabeth had their back on me while Marcus and Ben sat in front of them – facing me. Marcus and Ben were busy talking. None of them acknowledged my presence – which was good because facing them after I embarrassed myself in front of them in my intoxicated state would be my last wish.

I just wanted to quietly slip into the kitchen to pour out some coffee for myself but, I wasn't that lucky. Just as I reached downstairs – Silas immerged from the kitchen with his cup of coffee in his hand and his head bowed down – looking at his phone. I halted in my way and he lifted his head at the same time and smiled, "Hey Charlie. How are you feeling?" he asked.

The mumbling I was hearing from Ben and Marcus's talk stopped. I passed Silas a small smile, "I am feeling fine." I lied and glanced towards where everyone was sitting.

Elizabeth and Owen turned around to face me and smiled. Elizabeth stood up on her feet, "Hey Charlie! I have heard that you had a rough night." She wiggled her brows. I instantly glanced at Marcus and Ben. Ben was grinning while Marcus was quietly looking at me without any expressions. I brought my eyes back to Elizabeth as she chuckled, "Don't glare down my brother and cousin." She pointed her thumb towards them, "When I came home last night Ben told me that you were pretty wasted and was sleeping in the spare bedroom." She said.

I glanced towards Ben who mouth 'sorry' to me. I averted my gaze from him to face Elizabeth, "Yeah, uh – I just – I drank a little too much." I accepted in shame as my cheek turned pink.

Elizabeth laughed and waved her hand in the air, "You haven't seen me drunk yet. I might be the most horrible drunk you would ever see." Elizabeth told me.