Chapter Twenty-One: Alex

Alex woke slowly, she was confused as to why she was laying on something hard and uncomfortable. She heard something move nearby which caused her eyes to open wide. Sitting up, she realized that she was laying on the floor in a classroom. Dana was sitting on a desk looking down at her and Reina, who was still sleeping nearby.

"What did you do?" Alex asked angrily. Xandara woke as well, pacing around her mind angrily.

"I knocked you out," Dana replied calmly.

"Why? That asshole should've died. Men like that..."

"Men like that are a sickness," Dana agreed. "But you shouldn't have to stoop down to their level."

Alex growled angrily. Standing up she began to pace, "how can you say that? He was holding you! If I hadn't been in the area..."

"But you were. You broke his arm. And he'll think twice before ever doing something like that again to me or to someone else..."

"Men like that don't learn," Alex snapped firmly.

"How do you know?"

"I've met plenty of men like that...." Alex paused and took a deep shuddering breath. It looked like she might've been about to cry.

"Alex," Dana said softly standing up and embracing her. Alex stiffened but didn't push her off. "What happened to you?"

Alex shook her head, "I don't want to talk about it. At least not right now."

"I'm sorry," Dana murmured. "If he ever dares to show up again. I won't stop you... just please don't go looking for him." They stood together for a few moments until Reina groaned and woke up.

"Dana!" she exclaimed angrily. Then frowned when saw the two them embracing. "What'd I miss? How did we get in here?"

"I dragged you both in here from out of the hall," Dana explained stepping away from Alex and helped Reina stand. "I figured you guys wouldn't want to be laying down in the hall. I would've called Nick to help to take you guys somewhere, but I figured Alex wouldn't like that."

"Good call," Alex muttered. Reina looked at Dana.

"Where is Chad?"

"After Alex, er well, Xandara broke his arm. He ran off. He said he was here for an upcoming football game." Dana explained, "please don't go after him. I don't want you sullying yourself by stooping to his level."

Reina frowned but nodded her agreement, "I have a chat with his parents and his coach. If he shows up again..."

"If he does. I won't stop you."