Rex

I could believe my eyes when I saw him. My mother had told me about him, but she had said he was dead.

"You okay kid?" Zeb asked as he looked at me.

"Rex is my father." I said calmly.

He looked at me shocked and I let out a sigh.

"Don't tell him." I said calmly.

"Why not? Shouldn't Rex know?"

"My mother said it was a one night stand... and well I don't think Rex would want me."

"(Y/n), he would be a idiot not to. You're an amazing kid... better then Ezra."

"That doesn't take much." I said with a laugh.

"True."

I ended up keeping it a secret until Zeb and his big mouth let it slip.

"What do you mean you told him!" I yelled as I glared at him.

"I accidentally let it slip." He said as he looked away.

"Zeb! Why would you do that!"

"We were talking about Ezra and then he brought you up and I.. well I was thinking it and turns out I said it."

"I'm going to hide in my room. Wake me when I'm dead."

I quietly snuck to my room and let out a sigh. I soon heard my door open and pretended to be asleep.

"Know you're awake kid." A voice said.

"I know, but I had to try." I said as I set up.

"So you're my kid... I owe Gregor credits." He said with a chuckle.

"What?"

"I thought you were Fives' or maybe even Jesse's kid... he said you were mine... I see it now." He said as he set down beside me.

"You're not mad?"

"I'm mad that you thought you had to hide it... I'm not mad I got an awesome kid... makes me proud to know my fighting genes are being passed down." He said with a chuckle.

He ruffled my hair up and sent me a smile.

"So.... now what?"

"Now I got to worry ever second you're out fighting... and I also might need to talk to your mother." He said with a groan.

"Yea good luck... She is pretty pissed at you."

"Oh... I know. I told her I'd return to her after the war... I'm so getting a latching."

I let out a laugh and smiled as we continued to talk.