Episode 5 - Mercy

Despite my desire to not face her, I meet my Clone head on. She throws a punch that I easily deflect. I kick at her, but she easily ducks to the side. I backflip out of the way of her uppercut, she cartwheels away from my spinjitzu. We fight for many minutes, neither of us gaining an advantage over the other. While she doesn't look as strong as I do, she sure is proving to be powerful. I'm beginning to think this will never end.

"We're so evenly balanced... ugh... this fight could go on forever," Jay shouts breathlessly.

"We can't give up. Keep fighting!" Kai replies.

"Easier said than done!" I grumble, though I do keep fighting.

"Ninja Go!" I hear the familiar shout of Lloyd.

I risk taking my gaze from Bizarro Tasha for a moment to see that Lloyd leads the Darkley's School students, all of them dressed in Ninja suits. I grin and turn back to face my Clone. A bunch of purple kids join me, throwing punches and kicks at my opponent. Despite their help, I still cant seem to land a punch on her. She always manages to juke me out. It's like she thinks one step ahead of me, even with assistance from the children. Makes sense though, seeing as she's me.

Eventually, all the Ninja Clones are destroyed, except for mine. She still fights, managing to duck and dodge all my blows, even with the help of the kids and the Ninja. It's almost as if she's better than me... or maybe I'm not as good as I used to be? Either way, she seems impossible to beat.

"Just give up! You know you'll never beat me!" Evil Tasha sneers.

In spite of every natural instinct. I stop fighting. "You're right. I will never beat you, but that doesn't mean they wont."

She laughs. "They cant beat me. Didn't you hear Lloyd? I can only be destroyed by you."

I smile at her. "They don't have to destroy you, just pin you."

She frowns, confusion flashing across her face momentarily. Confusion turns to surprise as Cole comes up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist. She lets out a squeal of surprise and begins to wiggle around. Cole, however, is stronger and manages to hold her in place. "Hit her, Tasha!" he yells.

I step forward, staring evil me straight in the eyes. But I cant hit her. No matter how much I want to, I cant destroy her. Something is preventing me from hitting her. Something powerful, something that I cant understand.

No, I do understand. I understand perfectly.

I sigh and step back. "Just... call the police. We'll throw her ass in prison."

"What? But Tasha-"

"Please. I cant destroy her," I say, halting Zane's protest.

Cole nods and begins to drag her away from the rest of us. I shut my eyes and burry my face in Kai's chest, allowing the tears to escape.

~

"Normally, we'd punish you for holding us captive, but I guess now that we've all learned a valuable lesson, I suppose it's cause for a celebration," Principal Noble says, exiting the locker.

"Uh, that wouldn't happen to mean cake now, would it?" Cole asks, having returned from dragging Bizarro Tasha away.

Noble smiles. "Yes, Cole, that means cake."

"Alright!"

Cole is the first one in the cafeteria, Jay and the kids following close behind. Kai and I bring up the rear, walking slowly, clutching each other's hand tightly. Though my mental breakdown ended, tears still stain my cheeks. I know why I let her go and I know that it was the right thing to do, but I still feel like I did the wrong thing; That by letting her live, I was letting everyone else down, that my actions were not a result of me being good, but a result of me still wanting to be evil. I know it's not true, but I still cant shake the feeling that I let them all down.