(2) Aftermath

Aizawa's POV

The girl who dragged me here lost consciousness, as well as gradually decreasing her glow. 'Poor child' he thought to himself, watching her as the doorway flooded with people.

"Eraserhead! What's going on here?" Asked a familiar voice. I turned around to see All Might, who'd been visiting Musutafu for the time being. He looked concerned, glancing between me and the unconscious child.

"The girl dragged me here. It seems her father got stabbed to death while she ran to get help. She was running on pure adrenaline for a good 30 minutes or so, I believe," I relayed, looking back at her.

All Might frowned again, slowly walking up to the girl. The police were searching the house until one officer came up to Aizawa asking, "Sir, do you know what this is?" Signalling the pile of ash by his feet.

"I don't, although I believe it may be the result of a quirk. A powerful one at that," he replied, keeping his voice steady.

All Might gently picks up the child in his arms, searching her face for any signs of injury. Not seeing any, he diverted his attention back to the police officer closest to him, the leader of the group, seemingly. "What will happen to the girl, does she have any other family?" He asked quietly, not wanting to wake up the sleeping child in his arms.

"I recognize him," I cut in, as realization struck me. "He was one of the higher ups at that famous support company, L/N Do & Design. The one in the news a few years back who lost his whole family, I think." My heart almost dropped saying that, putting it all together.

"Unfortunately, he is correct. Young Y/N here and her father were the only survivors, as her mother died giving birth and the rest of the family got involved with an incident while trying to come visit her," stated the officer.

'What'll happen to her now?' I couldn't help but wonder.

"It seems the only thing we can do for her is put her in an orphanage for the time being, unless one of you two want to take her in?"

"I can't, at least not right now," said All Might, "I have a mission I have to get to in another country and I can't bring her with me.. I wish I could though."

"So-" the officer begins

"I'll take her," I cut in, glancing once again at the girl.

"Really? I didn't pin you for one to want kids, Erasure"

"She doesn't deserve this," I said softly, before regaining my naturally bored face, despite my internal feelings. My mind flashed back to how she looked at me earlier that night, as a shiver coursed through me.

"Okay then, we'll set you up with the paperwork as soon as possible."

I nodded, not sure what else to do before looking back at All Might. He was looking at her so longingly, like he too wanted to be able to care for her.

"You can come visit," I said somewhat casually, before continuing, "She has a pretty powerful quirk, from the looks of it. Maybe you can help her when you aren't busy doing interviews.. or something." At that moment I could see that old spark in his non-existent looking eyes before shooting me one of his iconic smiles.

"Of course!" He booms before I shush him, reminding him that there was a sleeping child in his arms.

"All Might.. for once in your life, please shut up," I hissed, quieting him instantly.

And that was the day I took in a child.

~August 26th, 2020~