life .58

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily.

CALEB VELLA

5 months later

I had forgotten what it felt like to be apart of a real family, to celebrate holidays together and spend real time with each other. My heart flourished with warmth as I watch Evan pull a Christmas jumper up and over his head, his brown hair becoming static.

My lips twitch up into a smile as I watch him in the mirror. "I like that one," I say as his eyes find mine for a moment.

He grins back before nodding. "Me too,"

As I walk towards him, I take in the details of the jumper. Red cable knit with little reindeers and snow on the front, completely matching Evan's personality. Cute and sweet.

My front presses to his back and I wrap my arms around his body, his fingers latching onto my forearms.

Evan's blue eyes glisten in the reflection. "I like your jumper too," he says as he brushes his hand against the white wool on my arms.

I resist the urge to roll my eyes, he was persuasive to say the least. "I'm only wearing it because it's Christmas Day and no other reason," I say as I lower my lips to his neck.

"No other reason?" He smirks, his eyebrows challenging me.

"Don't push your luck," I laugh into his skin before pulling away and resting my hands onto his shoulders. "Right we should probably go downstairs, I'm not sure how much longer Aurora and Luca can put off opening their presents."

Evan stifles a laugh and nods. "Too right," he says as he notions towards his bedroom door.

The sounds of laugher could be heard from the stairs, Christmas has never been my kind of holiday. I guess before I never really had a reason to enjoy it as a child or when I grew up. But Evan is adamant that I should try and enjoy it this year, to be grateful for the things we have and the people surrounding us.

As we enter the room, my eyes are met by the world biggest Christmas tree. Presents, lights, decorations. It was literally the definition of Santa's grotto, but what did I expect? Ava always went 110%, doubting Jaxon did nothing more than get everything down from the attic.

Evan slips through the door first and connects eyes with Ava, she grins and rushes over to him. "Merry Christmas," she beams as she pulls him into the tightest hug.

"Merry Christmas to you too," he mumbles into her shoulder.

She soon makes her way over to me, her little arms wrapping around me invitingly. "Come sit, everyone's been waiting for you guys," Ava says as she opens her arm up to the room.

My eyes float from Kayleigh and Kayden in the corner to Lucy and Sebastian with Luca, glancing at Lucy's rather large baby bump. Then to Jaxon and Aurora sitting on the floor, I couldn't believe how big she has got. From the first time I met her till now, they grow unbelievably fast.

Evan and I spread our Christmas wishes to everyone, hugs and kisses continuously. Evan was right, this is a day of love and family.