🌹Chapter 19🌹

Liam's POV
Today was undeniably the worst day of my life. I felt like the world was closing in on me and my life was slowly losing meaning. My mum was currently laying in the hospital ward,her life slowly vanishing right before my eyes with the doctors not knowing whether she was going to live or not. I was beyond scared and the doctors telling me to calm down was doing nothing to alleviate my worry but only made me more worrisome. I couldn't help but blame my self for what is happening right now. If only I had stayed with her and had not gone to attend some stupid meeting choosing my business over my mum's health. I should have stayed with her, should have attended church with her and stayed with her to make sure she ate well and took her drugs. It's all my fault that she is in such critical condition. I promised her that I will take good care of her, treat her well and give her all she ever wanted but I failed. I failed as her son I couldn't even take care of my mother properly. I'm such a disgrace and with these thoughts I accepted the darkness.

Few hours later...
I stirred trying to turn to the other side but I felt something restricting me from turning over. Opening my eyes I look towards my sides realizing that I had a needle inside me which was hooked up to a drip. Frowning I remove it from my arm flinching a little due to the light pain,turning I saw someone I thought I'd never expect to see here.

Scowling I shake her awake before asking.
"What are you doing here and also what am I doing here too?".

Raising up her hand she used it to stifle a yawn before widening her eye at the realization that someone was here with her. Shaking my head I repeat my earlier question as to why I'm here,in this hospital bed,clad in a stupid hospital gown. Frowning she stands and makes a move towards me but I take one back. Noticing it I guess she made no move to come closer to me anymore.

"You fainted about an hour ago due to tiredness and you working tirelessly under a nearly empty stomach." She said and I frowned shaking my head once again and I look around trying to locate my damn clothes,I can't go around in just a flimsy cloth.

Sighting it I move over and grab it before looking at her to see her staring at me. I gesture my hand towards the door trying to make her understand that I wanted her to leave as I planned on dressing up and going over to my mum's room to see how she was doing now.

Nodding she makes her way to the door, after she leaves I make a quick work of the clothes, removing the gown and putting on my original clothes before going out of the room.

Looking around I notice my mum's room is the one beside mine. Opening the door I see my mum sitting up eating a plate of food. Smiling I move towards her side, hugging and looking down at her,she looks upward and  smile at me. I smile back beaming for joy that she is a lot better than the last time I was here.

Hearing a sound I look there trying to see who was there. Seeing the doctor I get up and shake hands with him." I would like to see you in my office for a while Mr Hawkins" he says and I make a move to follow him.

Now seated in his tidy and neat office, I look at him waiting for him to tell me exactly what was wrong with my mother.

"Well Sir as you know your mum has had some minor heart attacks in the past but this one seems to have affected her a lot more than the others. In terms that normal activities which she should be able to carry out will seem very hard to do now.

She will be put on bed rest for the mean time and you have to make sure she is not stressed and all she wants is given to her. She must not over exert herself by doing strenuous activities and what she eats must be strictly monitored."he said all these and I nodded.

"Is my mother going to be alright?" I asked him fearing the response I'd get.

"Yes she will be alright as long as you do everything I tell you to do she will live a very long life" he said smiling.

Nodding I stand and put out my hand, shaking him. Thanking him again I leave his office going back to my mum's ward only to see Kayla there smiling and talking to my mum and for some reason that made me angry.

Storming in there I glare at her immediately asking what she was doing here.

"What the hell are you doing here. Are you not supposed to be in the office right now attending to the clients. How dare you leave them unattended or do you need me to teach you your job" I said or more like gritted out, all the pent up anger and frustration taking hold of me.

I know I had no right to talk to her like that because she had done nothing wrong but anytime I see her I just have this sudden urge to yell at her.

Bending her head I hear a whimper escape her mouth and I immediately regret what I did. Apparently not only me realizes what I did was wrong because my mum immediately came to her rescue.

"Liam apologize to her now" she said glaring at me. She may be sick but that does not stop her from trying to rescue her from my wrath.

Grunting I mumble an incoherent sorry still glaring at her. "Umm..I think I should take my leave now"she said. Good she knows she is unwelcome here. I smirk seeing her leave the room closing the door behind her before turning to my mother to see her giving me the stink eye.

I smile sheepishly holding her hand. " Mum how are you feeling now"I ask making myself comfortable in the available space on the bed.

"I'm fine I actually feel a lot better than earlier."She said.

Nodding I ask if she needs anything and she shakes her head.I nod again moving close and laying my head on her,basking in her warmth forgetting the feeling of fear for her. Reassured by the tranquility....

A/N
Hey guys I'm so sorry I haven't been able to update for over a month now. School has resumed once again and it is hard trying to juggle my normal life and tiring school work but I'm back and I promise more frequent updates.
Thanks for sticking with me I'm so amazed at my ever growing reads.I say a big thank you to everyone who has read my book.
Please vote and comment and also fan.
Thanks in advance.
Love you guys
Ciao.Peckie :-)