𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 (𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐟𝐢𝐜)

Requested by @vada28933773

Title: Falling All in You

"I'm bored!" Mikey groans, slamming his head against the back of the couch where he was sitting. I nodded in agreement, along with everyone else- Leo, Donnie, Raph, and April. And being the stereotypical teens we were, we immediately agreed to the singing contest April suggested with a big smile on her face.

I didn't like the subtle wink she sent my way.

"You start, (y/n)!" she practically screamed at me, grinning for some reason. I decided I'd had enough.

"Uh, April. Can I talk to you for a second?" I demanded as nicely as I could, grabbing her arm to drag her behind me to the kitchen. There, we both made kissy-faces at Ice-Cream Kitty and then turned to each other, "Why are you so set on me going first? What do you want me to do?" I said straight-out. Though, I immediately regretted it as she grabbed me by my shoulders and shook me violently.

"Confess to Donnie!" she whisper-yelled, smiling at me like an idiot, which she was, "I even have the perfect song!"

"No, no. What are you doing?" I asked, pulling her arms off of me. She pouted and crossed her arms, then glanced behind her and grinned again.

"I'm making your dream come true! I know you like Donnie! Just give me a chance to help you. Please. And by the way, if you don't, I'll tell him about how you almost dated a guy named Don-E that only wore purple just to get over him," she had me beat and she knew it. With a defeated sigh, I leaned my back against the counter and looked up at her.

"What song did you have in mind?"

++++++++++

"Y'all missed Mikey's performance. It was actually pretty good for Daft Punk," Donnie complimented, leaning against the back of the couch, stretching out his long legs and crossing them at the ankles. I gulped; I didn't know if I could do this.

"Hey! Don't disrespect H.B.F.S. like that," Mikey shot back, taking a seat on the floor beside where Leo was sitting cross-legged on the couch.

"Anyways, I'm sure Mikey's performance was great-"

"It was," said turtle bragged, earning a glare from the redhead human.

"But, (y/n)'s going next and she's dedicating her song to someone special in this very room!" What the shell, April? She never said she was going to announce it like that, but whatever. It was a little satisfying seeing Donnie look around at his brothers with a little interest and then defeat as he glanced down at his hands.

Without another word, April's music was drifting through the speaker, playing the song I'd known about for so long. I thought about Donnie almost every time I listened to any Shawn Mendez song, and now I was actually dedicating one to him.

"Sunrise with you on my chest, no blinds in the place where I live. Daybreak open your eyes 'cuz this was only ever meant to be for one night. Still, we're changing our minds here. Be yours, be my dear," I opened my eyes, ignoring the karaoke music playing behind me. I still sung, not even thinking about the lyrics, trying to not make it obvious I was staring at Donnie as I did exactly that.

He stared down at his ankles, disappointment clear in his eyes as I belted out lyrics to the song I had wanted to sing to him since the first day we had met.

"Oh, you know I've been alone for quite a while, haven't I? I thought I knew it all; found love, but I was wrong more times that enough. But since you came along I'm thinking, baby," I sighed and took a deep breath, opened my eyes, then pointed at Donnie. He suddenly sat up straight and his eyes widened with disbelief. Pointing to himself, he glanced around and looked back at me, giving a breathless laugh.

"You, yeah, are bringing out a different kind of me. There's no safety net that's underneath, I'm free. Falling all in-" suddenly, Donnie leapt to his feet and strode over to me, grabbing my face between his hands and effectively cutting me off as the music continued to play in the background.

"You fell for men who weren't how they appear, trapped up on a tightrope now we're here; we're free. Falling all in," he slowly finished the song, leaning down and putting his forehead against fine. There we stood, Donnie leaning over me, me looking up at him with bright eyes, and the silence of the ending note ringing through the quiet lair.

Then, it was like a sudden light went up and Donnie's lips were on mine, everyone was clapping, and April was screaming, "I did that! Me!"

I had to thank her, though. If it wasn't for her positive need to be nosy, I wouldn't have even though Donnie knew my name, let alone liked me. Maybe, loved me? Who knew? Only time would tell, and now that we were together, it was all worth it. 

++++++++++

Sorry if there weren't a lot of lyrics, but I know a lot of people hate when there's just a whole song written in the middle of a chapter so I shortened it.

i've never done karaoke and i never will