77.

|| Rodrick Moore |||| Los Angeles, California ||

|| Rodrick Moore ||
|| Los Angeles, California ||

"he gon' be straight, nessa" i rubbed her back as she dug her face into the crook of my neck while she cried lightly.

"what if h-he's not" she shook her head getting comfortable on my lap.

"he will be" i leaned down kissing her forehead lightly. "i promise"

"Here for Kendrick Moore?" Vanessa jumped off my lap wiping her eyes as we both made our way to the nurse.

"we're his parents" she nodded.

"he's breathing" Vanessa sighed as she smiled a little. "but he's in critical condition. his breathing cut off but we were able to get a breathing tube into his throat which allows him to be able to breath"

"he gon' make it through, right?" I asked as Vanessa crossed her arms looking down at her feet.

"the best we can do is pray. he's got a lot of tubes and stuff helping him breath but after drowning.. the brain can loose oxygen, organs can fail, and usually.."

"i can't listen to this anymore" Vanessa waved us off as she walked away and out the hospital doors.

"death follows" she sighed looking back at me. 

"is there any way he'll make it?"

"there is.. but it's very rare. a miracle if you will" i sighed shaking my head. "you guys can see him but all i ask is that your very careful. he can move his head and all. his eyes open occasionally but he's not really focused on anything.. he may know your there but he also may not. i'll take you back whenever your ready"

"okay" i sighed.

after i made my way outside, i finally found Ness. she was on the bench outside the hospital with her head in her hands while her body jerked from her cries that broke through her chest.

"shhh" i pulled her up to me and wrapped my arms around her as she completely began to fall apart in my arms.

"he's dying i-isn't he" she looked up At me.

"she said there's a way he'll pull through. but she feels like it's very unlikely"

she began to cry again into my shirt making me sigh.

"baby look at me" i lifted her chin. "we gon' pray. we gon' get everybody to pray for our baby. ight? he gon' be straight" i wiped her tears. "let's go see him"

once we got to his room door, Vanessa's grip tightened on my hand as the nurse spoke.

"please be carful. i'll be in to check on you guys in an hour" i nodded and thanked her before she left us alone.

"nessa" i lifted her chin as i felt her get nervous. "it's our son"

"i'm just not ready to see him fighting for his life, roddy" she sniffled.

"i know baby. but come on. he needs us" she nodded before i led her into his room.

seeing kenny with all those tubes down his throat and IV's hooked to him, broke my heart into a million fucking pieces.

and i knew it was breaking Vanessa's too.

"my baby" her cries broke through her chest as she stood next to his bed. his eyes were opened lazily as the breathing tubes started to make noises from him breathing with them. "my poor baby"

i pulled up a chair next to his bed so Vanessa could sit down and that's what she did. she cried quietly as her hand ran his forehead, lightly rubbing her thumb over it.

i pulled up another chair sitting next to her watching as she completely fell apart.

"your gonna pull through baby mommy believes in you" she laid her head on the bed beginning to cry again.

"let it out, mama" i rubbed her back as i felt a tear slip down my cheek. my only son.

he's fighting for his life in this damn bed because we weren't watching him.