15

Maya's POV

I was very excited to go to a party at NYU with Josh tonight. Just me and him, acting like a couple, holding hands and kissing if we want to - not just when we're were alone.

I was stressing so much about what to wear. What are you meant to wear to a college party? I'd hardly say I've ever been to a 'proper' party, never mind a college party - except when I was in Middle School and snuck out to see Josh, but I guess that didn't technically count.

I told Riley I had so much homework and wanted to get it out of the way. I hated lying to her but she wouldn't understand. Riley also wanted to hang out with Lucas tonight but she told her parents she was with me and I told my parents I was going out with her so if my parents asked hers, everything would be okay.

I looked around my closet and dresser trying to figure out what I wanted to wear. It was relatively warm outside and I knew it would be very warm inside NYU.

I decided on black shorts, a black top that had red flowers on it and black boots. For my hair, I braided the front strands back and curled the rest. I put on some natural-ish makeup except I did bold eyeliner and lip gloss that was shiner than I thought.

Josh was meeting me outside my apartment block and we were getting the subway to NYU.

I grabbed my phone and put it in my pocket then peaked out my window to see Josh standing looking up and my window and he smiled when he saw me. I smiled back then ran down stairs and jumped into his arms, putting my arms around his neck.

"Hi to you to." He hugged me tightly as he held me in his arms.

"I missed you. I know I saw you yesterday but I didn't really have the chance to speak to you and I missed speaking to you."

"I missed taking to you too gorgeous." He kissed my forehead. "Shall we head?"

"Yes." I slipped my hand in his and we started walking to get the subway to NYU.

Josh's POV

We got off the subway a block away from NYU and kept walking until I stopped us before going into the party.

"You sure you wanna go in? College parties are full of people drinking and doing drugs."

"Are we going to be drinking and doing drugs?" She asked me making me furrow my eyebrows.

"What? No-"

"Then we have nothing to worry about." She smiled and started walking in. I just chuckled slightly then followed after her.