Season 3 - Suzie-Poo & Dusty-Bun

Just a little PSA before we start - this chapter features Dustin and Suzie singing Never Ending Story, so feel free to play the audio/video from the show to add to this chapter !!! Enjoy <3

~~~

"Oh, man, now this... this is what I'm talkin' about!"

Steve marched out in front of Dustin, Robin, Erica and I, tossing keys in his hands as we reached the parking lot. In front of us sat a gorgeous white convertible that Steve was practically drooling over.

"'Toddfather?'" Robin read the license plate out loud with a small grimace.

"Oh, screw Todd!" Steve said, getting closer to the car, "Steve's her daddy now."

My eyes went wide as blush rose to my cheeks and I put my hand over my mouth to stifle my laugh, "Pardon?"

"Did you just talk about yourself in the third person?" Robin asked, amused as Steve jumped into the driver's seat.

"Did he just call himself daddy?" Erica said, her eyebrows raised. I giggled as I climbed into the back with Dustin and Erica, leaning forward into the space between Robin and Steve.

"All right, where are we going?" Steve asked, patting the steering wheel and adjusting the seat.

"Weather top," Dustin answered.

Steve narrowed his eyes, "Weather-what?"

Dustin rolled his eyes, "Just drive!"

"Okay!" Steve said, starting the ignition and revving the engine, "Jesus."

He put the car into reverse and backed out before putting it back in forward. He drove across the empty parking lot and onto the street, barely glancing around the corner. Not that he needed to, however, as it was the dead of night and there were no cars on the road.

I sat back into the leather seat, enjoying the calm of the wind blowing through my hair as Steve raced through Hawkins. Music blared over the radio and I bobbed my head along to it.

As I swayed to the beat, I glanced up to see Steve watching me in the rear view mirror, a smile on his lips. Once he noticed me looking back, he turned the music up louder, reminding me of Halloween night in his car.

I giggled, feeling giddy as he turned back to the road, leaving me to dance along as Dustin began barking out directions.

"Jesus," Steve said as we swung onto a side road, "How far is this place, man?"

"Relax," Dustin spat, "We're almost there."

"Suzie must be pretty special, huh?" Robin called back to him, "I mean, if you built this thing and lugged it all the way to the middle of nowhere just to talk to her?"

I glanced at Dustin, curious to hear his answer. I hadn't gotten a real chance to talk to him about this girl, and had questions of my own.

"I mean, nobody's scientifically perfect," Dustin answered, "But Suzie's about as close to being perfect as any human could possibly be."

"She sounds made-up to me," Erica said from my other side, her eyebrows raised, "'She sound made-up to you?"

"Erica," I said firmly, although not answering her question.

Erica stared at me, "Well?"

I pursed my lips and looked at our driver, still avoiding to answer, "Steve?"

His eyes went wide as he stared in front of him, not meeting any of our gazes.

"Why are you hesitating, Steve?" Dustin hissed.