17

Kaleb got over his little sickness and Julia had texted me back saying that she was sorry she came onto me and she'll give me the space I needed.

Today though, Brittany, Olivia, Quinn, Ella and I were all going out to eat today.

To say I was nervous would be an understatement. I haven't seen Ella since our moment, and even though when we talk it seems normal, I can't help but feel a little awkwardness between us now.

I think I'm the one who's mainly initiating it. I don't mean to though. I'm just so nervous.

Anyways. I decided to go for a run. There's just something about it that's so therapeutic. Plus, I haven't worked out in a while so why not now?

I ran all the way to the beach and then I kept running. I didn't know where I was going but my legs seemed to be taking me away.

I've ran so far and my lungs felt like they were going to collapse but I didn't care.

My legs burned and I was sweating. My sports bra and shorts were clinging to me. I could feel and smell the mildew mixed with the warm air as my feet pounded against the pavement of the street.

I felt like I was going to collapse.

It seems like I've been running circles around this whole town.

I finally slowed down my pace and stopped as I put my hands on my knees.

I was breathing hard. Damn it's been a while since I've ran.

I heard something slam in the distance.

I seen Ella coming out of her house. Of course I ended up running to her house.

"Kodi? You okay?"

I tried to catch my breath as I nodded. "I don't even know how I ended up here. I just ran."

She smiled at me. "Well, I know we're all getting together for dinner tonight but would you like to come in and eat breakfast with my family?"

I looked down at myself. I was sweating like hell, in only a sports bra and shorts.

"I don't know.. I'm all gross right now."

She shook her head at me and smiled again, "my family won't mind. I promise. Come on."

She came over and grabbed my hand as she pulled me into her house. The cold air immediately hit me as I walked in and it felt amazing.

I've come to her house a lot to pick her up but I've never been in it. It was really nice, and homely and really clean.

She tugged me into the kitchen where her family was and they all looked at us.

Ronny spoke first, "why hello," he smirked which caused a slap on the head from Ella as she threw my a nice cold water bottle.

I nodded gratefully and chugged it down, "could I maybe have a shirt or something?" I asked sheepishly.

"We don't mind Kodi. You have nice abs," Alex laughed.

My face heated up as I sat down at the table. There was pancakes, eggs, and hash browns.

"This all looks really good. I'm sorry if I'm intruding I could leave if you wanted." I said as I looked at them.

They all shook their heads and smiled as they continued eating before her mom struck up a conversation.

"So it seems like you were running, do you play any sports?"

I wiped my mouth, "no ma'am. I've never played sports in school, but I do play sports with my family for fun."

"So you run for fun as well?"