026 ::: Never Drink

I'm celebrating getting to 15 THOUSAND reads early with an update because let's be honest, it wouldn't be possible without all you readers (which are the best readers in the world, but don't tell the other's because they get sad).

P.S. If anyone knows of any good apps that I can use to try and make a decent cover for this story, PLEASE let me know. I despise the one I have - I literally Googled 'girl running' and found this one...that's it.

I'm just going to sit here and wait to read your comments about this one.

*Casually sips hot chocolate because I don't fuck with tea*

Enjoy! :) <3

I couldn't walk.

Well, at least not well. Sienna had twisted and turned my head this way and that to get my look date ready. Once she finished, she shoved my feet into wedges, heels, something that I haven't often walked in. I couldn't deny, yet again, how much I loved the shoes even though I wanted to hate them.

Like everything else that Xaler provided.

But the shoes really were to die for. The wedge was a thick chestnut wood with an off white canvas that would cover the top of my foot, the fabric crisscrossing making chunky opening along the sides of my feet. A shiny golden zipper on the very top of my foot in order to secure it. They were to die for and they were trying to kill me.

My ankles jutted out violently as I attempted to walk across my room. Sienna, bless her heart, helped me practice for about 20 minutes before feeling confident enough to let me go.

Sienna assisted me down the steps and led me to the front foyer where a dressed up, slightly dashing, Xaler waited.

The nausea was back. My heart kicked up speed and the back of my tongue felt swollen and uncomfortable tingles exploded, giving way to the feeling of wanting to vomit. Even with the open clothing I donned, I felt hot and nerves twisted in my stomach. It was the same feeling as when he originally asked me.

With a dry as hell throat, I swallowed the lump that was forming and attempted to give Xaler a small smile, but, in all honesty, probably mirrored that of a grimace. Shrugging my shoulders to myself, I took a sharp, but deep, breath in, pleading the oxygen to calm my nerves.

As soon as his eyes landed on my form, his lips slowly pulled into the widest smile I'd ever seen adorned his face.

"Rosie," he breathed, "you look breathtaking."

Good. Considering I couldn't breathe.

He stepped forward and grasped my hand in his, bringing it to his mouth and placing a tender kiss upon my knuckles.

I let out something between a gasp and a grunt, something completely unladylike, but his actions were catching me off guard. I was always prepared to be defensive and when his actions proved that it was unnecessary, it left me with an unpleasant feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Xaler's eyes twinkled with mirth at my response. He gently pulled me forward, away from Sienna, "you chariot awaits."

He dropped my hand only to lightly wrap his arm around the bottom of my back and led me through the front doors.

What I saw in front of my caused my mouth to fall open, I would not have been able to prevent it from happening even if I wanted to.

Two beautiful horses stood majestically before us. One as dark as the midnight sky, such a rich black that I had to squint to even really see it. Its mane was thick and cropped, running the length of its neck before fading off into the rest of his coat. His tail swished back and forth, flicking the muscles of his hind legs. It was tall, strong. A worthy horse fixed with muscle.