11.) Mother?

Cal

"It doesn't matter how many times you get knocked down

"It doesn't matter how many times you get knocked down. All that matters is you get up one more time than you were knocked down."

- Roy T. Bennett

"You are the definition of an airhead, don't lie." I said to Will and Chris laughed. "That is so true. He's such an Erudite." She pointed out, Will rolled his eyes and I nudged his shoulder. "Oh come on, we're just messing with you." I said to him. "Yeah, okay, bozo." He retorted, Tris chuckled and we walked around a corner.

"Haha, very funny." I said sarcastically.

We walked down a corridor and the sound of heels clicking on the floor made me focus my vision up ahead. I stopped dead in my tracks and my friends noticed. "What?" Will asked me and looks to where I'm staring, he realizes and stands next to me.

My mother is here.

I recognize her steps anywhere, her hair as well and her voice. She gets closer and noticed me from afar, her eyes softened and she smiled. "Calypso, my god, you are glowing." She pointed out, she puts out her hand for me to shake and I glanced at it. "Thanks. And, it's Cal." I said shaking her hand.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her and she pulled away. "I came to talk to the leaders and to see how you were doing." She answered looking at me. "She's in the lead." Tris spoke up, my mother looks at her surprised.

"Beatrice, am I right?" My mother asked her. "It's just Tris now." She answered. "Tris, I like that." Mother pointed out and looked back at me. "Cal has always been a competitive child, hopefully she's not giving you all a tough time. Everything you do surprises me, sweetie. I'm proud of you." She said to me, I looked into her eyes to see if she was lying, but she seemed confident on her comment. Except the sweetie part.

"Thank you, mother. I'm glad you're proud of my accomplishments." I said, she gives me one last nod and tapped my shoulder.

My blood ran cold when she touched me and I held myself back from making a face.

She walked around me and I take in a breath looking at my friends. "Well, that was weird." Chris joked since my mother is far hearing us now. "Yeah." Tris added and we start walking again. "What do you think is going on?" Al asked. "I bet they're hunting Divergents. That's all they talk about at Erudite." Will answered, my back tenses up and a shiver runs up my spine.

Am I being hunted?

"Wait, Divergents are real?" Al questions, he sounded surprised.