xxiii - three brothers

♡♡♡
●TRIP POV●

I won't say that I'm not weirded out by Warren's sudden change in demeanor. But I am . The only thing I can think about was the fact that Aria may be the reason. They did have dinner together last night and now he's here with her.

Suspicion began to settle when I saw the two of them together , smiling , laughing and touching . It wasn't inappropriate but those are things I have never once witnessed Warren do . Not even during the 'honeymoon' phase with Penelope. 

Not wanting to create a bigger problem I asked Warren to meet me in the study before my session began . He seemed like he was in a good mood , so I figured that I might as well strike while it's still hot .

"Warren, have a seat," I point to the couch.

"Am I in trouble? What is this?" He says playfully, throwing me so off the course . I'm not used to this and I'm not sure I like it . Maybe I do but this just confuses me.

"No, but you're not acting like yourself," I say to him.

He leans back with his legs apart, also something he doesn't do, "and how would I be more myself?"

"I don't know , cold , mean , serious , I didn't even know your face muscles could smile," I tell him.

"Trip, I'm happy right now . For the first time in 20 years I'm over the moon."

I look out the window at Aria , who is joking around with Tony, "she's something else . She lights up the darkness," I say , almost in a trance like .

"Something we both can agree on bro. She makes the difference in this family ," he sighs as he gets up and stands next to me at the window.

"She's dating our little brother," I point out .

He just smiles , "is that what we know? Or is it what we were led to believe?"

His answer was super cryptic . What is that suppose to mean? Are they not a real couple? He must've seen the puzzled look on my face .

"Trip, if you knew that you had a fighting chance with the most beautiful and most perfect woman for you , what would you do?"

"War, did something happen to you and Aria that Alex should know about?" I asked in a careful tone .

"No. Nothing . But a lot of things were revealed," he says , again cryptically.

"I don't understand . You know emotional affairs are still cheating," I lecture him .

He scoffs, "you're one to talk . You don't think I see the way you smile at her? Or how willing you were to turn your life around for that woman?"

He caught me , "I don't want to let her down . She's been helping me out a great deal."

"Trip, things will become clear once we're all together again." With that he walks out of the room, leaving me to scratch my head.

As soon as he leaves my phone buzzes in my pocket. When I pull it out I see a message from Alex:

Hey did Aria get there alright?