Chapter 11

"Jeez, man, this is nuts

"Jeez, man, this is nuts." Topper says, pointing at the Tannyhill property.

"Agatha's a bitch." Rafe agrees.

"Damn right, she is." Kelce adds.

"I mean, I just- I can't get it out of my head. It's just on repeat. 'Your move, Broski.'"

"Bro, he had a semiautomatic pointed at your head." Kelce points out.

"That's what I'm saying."

"You did try to drown his best friend." I state.

"I did not." Topper denies.

"That Pogue." Kelce says in disgust.

"They're freaking Pogues, man." Rafe agrees. I look over at Rafe. I make a face at his comment. "What?"

"Why do you guys use Pogue like it's an insult. It's a title."

"Whatever." Rafe shrugs it off. "You know you should get a piece?"

"What do you mean?" Topper asks.

"You gotta fight fire with fire and defend the homestead, right?"

"Yeah." Top agrees.

"Better than being caught without one." Kelce points out.

"Or everyone could refrain from getting violent and hash it out in a civil way." I speak up. "You guys are all so dramatic."

"That's fair." Rafe says.

"Listen, guys. I'm gonna get him back, all right? I'm making it a little project of mine." Topper announces.

"You guys are stupid." I shake my head.

"He should, the Pogues suck." Kelce disagrees. He looks up, in front of us. "Yo, that's Sarah, right?"

I look over and see Sarah squatting in front of a little girl. I could see that she was talking to her. She begins to walk toward the boat that was next to the dock. Power lines littered the area she was walking around.

"What is she doing?" Topper asks, watching his girlfriend.

"Watch her fall and make a big drama out of it." Rafe says annoyed.

"Cameron." I say looking up at him.

"Sorry." He mumbles.

"Hey, there's 14,000 volts in those wires." I look over to see Rose Cameron yelling at the girl from their back porch.

Sarah wobbles on a beam she was balancing on. She shrieks as she teeters.

"Hey, Sarah, be careful!" Topper calls out.

"Sarah, get down now!" Rose Cameron makes her way down the yard.

"Rose, calm down. I'm an athlete. I got this."

"You're gonna get electrocuted! Get down!" Rose yells again.

"She just wants attention." Rafe comments.

"You kidding me? Get-" Sarah begins to taunt her step mom, wiggling her shoulders. "Oh... No."

"Sarah, that's not funny." Topper yells.

"When I tell your dad about this, Sarah..." Rose threatens.

"Rafe, your sister's crazy, man." Kelce says.

Sarah continues to climb onto the boat.

"Sarah!" Rose yells.

Suddenly Sarah screams, falling into the boat. I gasp, grabbing onto Rafe's forearm. Topper runs toward his girlfriend, frantically.

"Sarah! Sarah!"

She smiles, waving around the disconnected wire. She lets out a laugh. "It's disconnected!"

Kelce laughs next to his friend. "She go you!"

"Topper, you should see your face." She laughs.

"Yeah, okay. I'm sorry that I care! All right, guilty." Topper retorts sarcastically.

"Congrats, pussy, you're officially her bitch." Rafe says.

I look over at him, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry, who's the bitch." Topper says turning to Rafe who had an arm around me.

I let out a laugh. "That was a good one." I say fist bumping him.

Rafe grabs my hand, pulling me away from the other boys. He scoops me up in his arms, twirling me around. I laugh, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"You're supposed to be on my side, Mi." He laughs.

"His comment was just too good. Bitch." I tease.

He pretends to drop me. I let out a loud shriek, gripping onto him tighter. He jumps around with me in his arms. I giggle, laughing at his childish antics. He finally sets me on the ground. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him close to me. I press a lingering kiss to his lips, standing on my tippy toes.

"Damn, Top was right. You are a bitch." I say.

He shakes his head at me, smiling. He presses another kiss to my lips. "You're such a dork."

I giggle, cupping his cheeks. I press a kiss to his cheek.

A notification rings out from my phone. "Shit, sorry." I say pulling away. I read the name on the notification. John B has texted me, telling me to meet the Pogues at the Chateau and that it was an emergency. I look up at Rafe, a frown on his face.

"You have to go, don't you?"

I nod. "My dad needs help with something." I make an excuse.

"Okay." He presses a kiss to my cheek before I make my way to my car.