80.

|| Vanessa Valor |||| Los Angeles, California ||

|| Vanessa Valor ||
|| Los Angeles, California ||

"so?" i said impatiently as we sat with the doctor in his office.

"he has a little bit of brain damage but we were able to heal his neck and open up a way for him to breath" i sighed as roddy grabbed my hand rubbing his thumb over it lightly. "he'll be able to walk soon but i'd take it easy on him. i'd like to keep him here for another week just to make sure though"

"so he's gonna he okay?" i felt my eyes water as i began to get happy.

"yes. but i'm afraid that he might have some problems with learning" i furrowed my eyebrows.

"like what?" roddy sat up in his seat.

"well.. there's a good chance he could have dyslexia from the damage to his brain. i also believe even tho he's 5, he might have ptsd when he wakes up"

"so how do we know for sure?" i asked.

"when he wakes up, we're gonna see if he's able to see you guys and remember stuff. we won't rush him but we'd like to know before tonight or tomorrow" i nodded standing up. "you guys can head back to his room. he should wake up any minute"

as soon as we got out of his office and shut his door, roddy pulled me back to him wrapping his arms around my making me giggle.

"our babys gonna be okay" i smiled up at him. 

"god has a plan for him, Ness" he leaned down kissing my forehead. "but come on! i wanna see him!"

once we got into kenny's room, we saw him laying in bed with his eyes closed and an IV attached to his arm. the breathing tubes were gone which made me smile a little.

i sat in the chair that i pulled up to his bed and chuckled lightly once i saw he was sleeping with a bear that pop had bought him while he was still in critical condition last week.

i know we're not sure, but seeing my baby breathing without the tubes is making me so happy 🥺.

"When I first laid eyes on you
When I heard your heartbeat too
Oh I never knew, I could witness an angel so beautiful
From the very moment you arrived I felt something new inside
I developed a love that was so unconditional"