017 | late night cuddles

they dance secretly inside her heart,
where no one else can see

WITH THE FIRST RAYS of sunshine shining through the dense green trees, turning the stillness of the night into a peaceful morning, a lavender-haired girl entered the gymnasium refreshed

WITH THE FIRST RAYS of sunshine shining through the dense green trees, turning the stillness of the night into a peaceful morning, a lavender-haired girl entered the gymnasium refreshed. Last night had been a good night for Mizuki; sleep welcomed her into its embrace, holding her gently while whispering sweet nothings into her ear. It had been quite a while since she had a dreamless sleep.

She was in content, absolutely tranquil.

After that conversation with Akaashi, the weight that previously pressed on her shoulders, coiling around her chest, lifted. She could finally breathe again, her mind as clear as the cloudless blue sky that watched over them.

Mizuki made up her mind. Even though she was scared shitless, she decided that she would give it a try give their bond a try. It was the least she could do.

She watched them during the morning, eyes analysing the way they acted around each other: the tender forehead pecks, the brushing of their fingers, the warm smiles, the gleeful laughs.

What do you call this kind of feeling?

Bokuto's obnoxious 'hey, hey, hey!' rippled through the air, his enthusiasm evident in the broad grin stretched across his face. Akaashi stood beside him and although he wore an exasperated expression, his eyes watched him fondly, hand clutched around his water bottle. Kuroo poked and prodded the older ace, teasing him while he wrapped an arm around Kenma's shoulder, whose eyes kept darting back to his bag where his gaming console laid, his fingers itching to play the new game he got. 

Mizuki tore her gaze away from the group, a faint smile curling on her lips as her heart clenched in her chest.

This is probably yearning, I bet.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"Number four!"

Bokuto slammed the palm of his hand onto the volleyball, directing it to the side and effectively scoring a point for his team. He cheered, and his eyes roamed around the court until they locked with a particular pair of lilac ones.

Mizuki smiled softly and tilted her head forward, silently praising him for his intense spike. Bokuto brightened up, hooting loudly. He turned to Akaashi, who saw the interaction between the two. The setter was glad to see that she was feeling better from last night. He hadn't told any of their other soulmates about their night. It was something private, a past she trusted with him. He wasn't about to break her trust and risk losing everything with her.

Mizuki could tell them when she wanted too when she was ready.

A time out was called by Keishin who stood in front of his team, saying, "even if you're not able to stop number four's spikes, at least try to touch it."