Chapter 39

I opened the door to see Sarah holding a bag with clothes in it.

"Here I bought you a nightgown" she quickly threw the bag at me and started running towards the stairs.

I narrowed my eyes in confusion and opened my bag to see what was in it, and it was a revealing lingerie satin night gown.

"What the-"

"Ahhhhhh" Sarah was already running downstairs and I started running after her.

"Get back here!!!" Sarah had already reached the ground floor and I was still in my heels so I couldn't catch up to her.

I rummaged through the clothes to see if I had a bra since I needed one if I was gonna wear this but the devilish creature hadn't bought me one.

Slowly, I started walking to my room, pulling my hair in anger for allowing Sarah to buy me clothes.

Marcus was sitting on the bed working on his laptop, his tie loose around the neck and his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. A blush crept up my cheeks as his mere sight aroused me.

I quickly shook my head in embarrassment. "You are not going to wash?"

"You wash first. I have some work to do"

It was already midnight so I couldn't stall any longer.

Going inside the bathroom, I held the night gown before the mirror. It was a black satin lingerie night gown with a lace at the top, giving a clear image of my breasts. The gown also had a deep sweetheart neckline showing off my cleavage and I doubted whether this would cover my butt.

I took a deep breath and finally decided not to wear this because I needed my dignity even if I lose everything else. Putting my trench coat back on, I closed the toilet lid and sat on it thinking about what to do. I couldn't possibly sleep in my work clothes. They were too uncomfortable that I would rather sleep in the bathtub naked.

I didn't know how much time passed until I heard a knock on the door.

"Camilla you have been in there for so long. Are you okay? Did you fall?" Marcus continued to knock in a hurry.

The door knob twisted and he came inside looking alarmed, and there I realized something again. I was not good with locking doors.

His tensed muscles relaxed when he saw me and he let out a breath in relief.

"I thought something to happen to you"

Involuntarily I gripped the lingerie nightgown to hide it but Marcus saw it and narrowed his eyes in confusion.

"Is that a lingerie nightgown?"

I gulped anxiously and stood up feeling embarrassed.

"S-Sarah bought this and I didn't know she would buy something like this. I don't want to wear this but I don't have any clothes with me"

"I have some clothes in my closet since I come here often. You can wear one of my shirts"

He gestured to the closet outside the bathroom but I scowled at his suggestion.

"You know I'm tall right?" I said in an obvious tone and crossed my arms before me.

"Uh so?"

A small smirk crept up my face with the urge to tease him.

"A shirt from a shorty like you wouldn't even cover my ass"

Marcus gaped at me and stuttered to form an answer.