Chapter 14 - Poison

Jay left Yves and went straight to Ten's art gallery. He sat where he sat with Jungwon yesterday and just stared at Ten's drawings. What facinated him the most was three paintings of a building. One canvas it was brand new and newly painted. The colors are vivid. Bricks with the shade of crimson glory and black lining, just like Seoul High's buildings. Except, this location was unfamiliar to him. There was no building in this location in his school.

Maybe the school was different when Ten painted this.

The canvas near it was the same building. Same angle and same location. What's different is, this tome it was dark. It must be nighttime when he painted the picture.

It looks like a scene from a horror movie.

The last one was the building on fire. Flames engulfing the building.

"Jay? Here again?" Ten found him again as he was about to close up the gallery.

Jay was quietly staring at him. He obviously has a problem.

"Tell me, how can you endure it? Why can't you tell anybody anything?" Ten was curious. Because personally, he would tell Taeyong everything that's bothering him. Jay on the other hand keeps it bottled up. Ten can't endure something alone for long or he's going to go crazy.

But Jay, he's doing it so well. He seem fine. Just like Heeseung. He always appear fine.

"It doesn't concern you, hyung. If I want to fix this, I have to talk to those who are involved." Jay stood up, biting his lips, tempted to just tell Ten everything and just seek comfort but couldn't.

He doesn't even know what's making him feel down anymore. There was a lot of them. He now has in his possession two solid evidences on a crime. He started a fire in school. He's also caught wearing Lee Minsung's nameplate.

He's lost because he wanted to cry for comfort to his parents but why does he feel like he's alone. It was such a treacherous thing to pray for parents when he already has his own. Was he asking too much?

It was bad enough that he envied Heeseung for not knowing his real father because at least he can still wish to see him, and search for him if he's still alive. In Jay's case, his father is present, but why does he have the need to search for him?

Why does it feel like they're never there?

And they weren't there for him, but they're present. It's the most painful part. They were never there for him.

"Want a temporary tattoo?" Ten asked.

Jay suddenly raised his head and met Ten's eyes. "Which kind?" He asked. Now they're talking. Ten closed up the gallery and took Ten to his tattoo studio. He showed a tattoo stencil that looks used. Someone has already had this in their body jay didn't want that.

It's disrespectful.

It's like placing someone else's skin in yours. Like stealing their story and make it as your own.

"Nope. Can I draw something else?" Jay asked Ten, but he shook his head.

"You must be acting this way because you're confused. I can help you seek the truth with this image." Ten told Jay, but it made him more confused than he already is.

"What's the meaning behind it?" Jay asked, staring at the drawing carefully. It was an image of a man with antlers on the left head his left eyes with tears, the other side of the head looks like it's laughing.

"The friend who asked me to draw this image said that the more he tried to be normal, the more he became a monster. The left side is crying, because he's different. He has antlers, representing how different he is from everybody else. The right side has none. That's when he tried to fit in. Though he was sad, he's laughing. Hiding his real emotions all the time. Acting differently on how he wanted to act. Afraid to be called a monster, he became a monster to his own self." Ten finished.