"dealin' with this shawtie"

NOTHING COULD DESCRIBE THE AMOUNT of second-hand embarassment Jennie felt watching Jimin pickpocket.

It was the next session, and she had decided to go pickpocketing with him to see how he had progressed. She had deliberately pretended what she did the previous time did not happen, and he seemed more than content in avoiding it as well.

She knew her sorry ass was nursing a huge crush on her student. She finally came terms with it last week. But seeing him now, in the crowd, trying to pickpocket - she couldn't believe she had fallen for Jimin.

Jennie couldn't bear to watch him pickpocket.

He looked beyond suspicious, as he tried to flit through the crowd, reach his hand out to pickpocket, and then change his mind last minute. So far he had pickpocketed only one person, but it wasnt too bad because he did it in a slick manner. Although all he got was a ten dollar note.

She had brought him to one of the most famous shopping streets. Small dainty shops lined the streets, crammed together. Step foot off one shop, you'll already be inside another. Clothes, local snacks, watches, bags, everything was sold here. Bodies pushed past one another in an attempt to get what they want first, rushing from shop to shop. Nobody can get past this mess without getting nudged aside within the first minute.

It was 6 pm in the evening, and thus the street was jam-packed. Which is the exact reason she brought him in the evening of course. One can come here with 0 dollars but return with 100 by merely poking your hand into others' handbags as you walk. If you're slick enough, of course. Which Jimin wasn't - to her, a skilled pickpocketer, at least.

She was surprised he wasn't caught yet.

Jennie let out a deep exhale as she saw him reach out and retract his hand yet again. She rolled her eyes, pushing herself off the wall she had been leaning on, and heading toward him to give that kid a good piece of her mind.

Just then she watched him take a deep breath and reach for this old lady's tiny bag. She watched in apprehension as he reached inside, averting his eyes to make it look like he wasnt pickpocketing. She knew the crowd couldn't be bothered, too busy looking at phones or rushing somewhere.

She could feel the nervousness radiating off Jimin despite being a few feet away, as he struggled to unzip her bag. She rolled her eyes, of course he would pick a bag with zip closed.

Oh, the déjà vu.

Jennie snapped out of her thoughts when she saw the old woman abruptly turn around and face Jimin. She immediately straightened her back, watching all the color in his face drain immediately.

He had been caught.

Jennie's heart froze, before she sprang into action, slipping through the crowd to see what exactly was going on.

"Were you trying to steal?" she could hear the lady's raspy voice.

She decided to approach from behind, and not make her presence known yet while she formulated a plan

She noticed despite that the lady's arms were crossed, and her handbag was near her hip, with no attention payed to it despite the fact someone just tried to steal from it.

"U-uh no I—" Jimin's voiced had gone a key higher, his face pale and dotted with beads of perspiration. He badly wanted to rub his hands together, and crack his knuckles maybe, but that would him make look more nervous and guilty.

Jennie slyly put her hand into her bag and quickly took out her wallet. She turned around and immediately slipped into the pocket of the man standing nearby, who was too busy ogling at food in the store while he waited in queue.

The old lady was too focussed berating the young lad to notice what Jennie had done. Not many people gave the two a second glance - it wasn't an uncommon occurrence. If the police patrol passes by however - then things would get ugly.

"Ma'am! Ma'am!" she frantically tapped the old lady's shoulder, making her turn around abruptly with a cross expression mid-rant "What is it now—"

Jennie cut her off, a panicked expression on her face "I'm so sorry for interrupting ma'am but I swear I saw this man pickpocket you!"

The old lady sighed dramatically and grumbled "Oh good grief"

"Thanks lassie. I'm already dealin' with this shawtie o'er he-ah and now there's ano'er" she gestured to Jimin, who looked insulted at her calling him short, before sighing again.

She turned around "Hey, ya!" she used her mini umbrella to impatiently poke the guy's back. Jennie used the time to go next to Jimin and nudge him harshly and glared at him, making him swallow nervously. She rolled her eyes before grasping Jimin's hand tightly.

She glanced at the woman who was busy scolding the confused man, her hands flailing about with her umbrella. Satisfied that her plan worked, she quickly dragged Jimin into the crowd, disappearing from their sight.

It was only a few seconds later she heard a distant yell "Where'd that shawtie and lassie go, huh? Good duckin' grief"

She chuckled, dragging Jimin away faster. And maybe pickpocketing a few things along the way.

Jimin let himself get pulled along through the crowd, until it started thinning. She walked beside him after having slowed down her pace, in a comfortable silence.

He realised she still hadn't let go of his hand, and a stupid grin spread across his face. He glanced at the brunette, who seemed lost in thought as she watched all the street lamps light up as it had already hit 7 in the evening.

Her wavy brown locks were slightly messy thanks to the wind, and Jimin felt a sudden urge to brush the stray strands to the side. Her lips were in a natural pout, and her eyes stared unblinkingly at the lights.

Ah, what girlfriend material.

"Quit staring, Chim" her voice snapped him out of his trance and he blushed.

I can't help it if you're pretty.

He felt her squeeze his hand. "Thank you" she giggled and he raised his eyebrow "Wait I said that out loud?"

"Yeah" she nodded in confirmation, smirking, and his blush deepened.

The crowd had completely thinned out by now, with only a few people loitering around. Jennie brought them to an empty bench and sat down, motioning for him to sit as well.

Jimin cleared his throat "Thanks Jen, for, um, pretty much saving my ass out there"

She waved her hand dismissively "It's alright. What did you steal though?"

Shit, Jimin's cheeks bloomed a whole new shade of red and Jennie raised her eyebrow quizzically.

"Not a lot" he managed to whisper, embarassed.

"It's alright" she encouraged "Just tell me"

He dug into his backpocket and took out the item nervously. Jennie waited in anticipation as he opened his closed fist, only to see-

Her mouth gaped open in disbelief.

"Park Jimin, you stole a fucking handkerchief?"

×××

ps. i just rmbred "shawty/shawtie" is used to descr an attractive woman but here but "shawtie" i meant shortie sjdjdk