28 - My Good Boys

"I'm not happy!"

"Percy, honestly," I sighed, trying my hardest to calm him down. "He's an old friend, of course we're close - we were in Slytherin together and he used to date my sister, remember?"

"But he was all over you!" Percy spluttered. "It was disgusting! Do you know how that makes me feel seeing him touch you like that? Emasculated- that's how it makes me feel!"

I swallowed, feeling a tiny bubble of fear. It was this kind of talk which usually led to bad things.

"Percy, please," I implored, "let's just go inside and enjoy this meal. We're here for little James, our nephew."

We were standing outside the Burrow, Percy halting me before we entered, wanting to have things out so that he could calm himself before facing his family.

He didn't like his family to ever see him when he was feeling upset about something, terrified that it would cause bad tension. He had a phobia that he'd end up falling out with them again and that they would die before he could make it up with them.

"I can't Ivy," he said, agitatedly driving his fingers through his hair. "I'm shaking too much. I think we need to go home and get some relief. It's the only way."

"No!" I cried, feeling panicked, desperately looking towards the door, praying that someone would open it and see we'd already arrived. "We're here now, let's go inside, please."

"I'll explain you had a headache," Percy said, removing his wand from his pocket. "They'll understand, they love you. I need this, Ivy. You know it's the only thing that calms me down when I've been upset. I need my Poison Ivy."

White lights started dancing before my eyes. I kept hearing Draco's voice in my head. He's raping you! The world tilted and I found myself grappling for breath.

Before Percy could grab my arm and Apparate us back to the flat, however, the door flew open and Harry stood before us.

"I thought I heard your voices," he said, looking between the both of us, an odd expression on his face. "Everything okay there, Perce? You look a little upset."

"He's fine," I said quickly, before Percy could say anything. "We're just really excited about this meal."

And, quick as a flash, I gave Harry the briefest kiss on the cheek before dashing past him to go inside.

"Ivy!" Ginny cried happily upon seeing me from where she was sat on the sofa. "Thank god you're here! I was about to kill everyone."

"Oh hush, Ginny, dear," Molly said, rocking the baby in her arms. "Don't be so melodramatic. Hello Ivy dear, give me a moment to put this little one down and then I'll pop the kettle on. We can all have a nice cup of tea."

Ginny rolled her eyes, before enthusiastically patting the empty space on the sofa beside her.

"Sod the tea," she muttered, "grab that bottle of wine on your way over, Ivy. I'll Accio the glasses."

"Ginny!" Harry said in alarm upon entering with Percy coming in behind him. "I really don't think you should be drinking when you're breast-"

"Shut it, you prick," Ginny spat, "my best friend is here and I'm going to have a catch up whilst drinking wine because I can. Now drink up your beer that you've been lapping up in front of me all fucking year."

"It's been very stressful at the office," Harry complained as he frowned down at the bottle of beer in his hand, "and what with dealing with the pregnancy, too-"

"I'll pretend you didn't just fucking say that," Ginny warned darkly, "because otherwise you'll have a lot more fucking stress in the office trying to explain why your wife murdered the Head Auror!"

"But Arry iz zee 'ead Auror, iz ee not?" Fleur asked, frowning in confusion from where she was sat shelling peas at the kitchen table with Bill.

"I think that's the point my darling sister was making," Bill mumbled quietly.

"It iz deesguzting ow she speekz to Arry." Fleur scoffed, turning her nose up in the air. "I'd never speek to you like zat."

Ginny started muttering something about the French under her breath as she poured out two large glasses of wine and passed one to me.

"Cheers, Ivy," she said sighing happily after taking a huge gulp. "Here's to having my best friend in the family, saving me from a fate worse than death."

"Last night she said I was her best friend," I heard Harry grumble moodily to Percy.

"Are you alright?" Ginny asked, frowning at me. "You haven't said a word since coming in, and you look rather pale."

"I- I'm fine," I said, trying to keep my voice light, "just had a busy morning with my students."

"Oh, how is it going with Malfoy, by the way?" Harry asked, taking a seat in the armchair. "Remember, feel free to murder him anytime. I'll grant you a pardon."

I heard Percy give a little snort and I felt a wave of anger flicker inside of me.

"It's going fine," I gritted, trying not to show how pissed off I was feeling. "He's been a big hit with the students."

"Well, at least it's not for much longer now," Ginny said, patting my arm sympathetically. "And then he'll be out of your life for good."

I felt a lump form in my throat, which I tried to push down with a large swig of wine. It didn't help and, to my horror, I found tears pricking behind my eyes.

"Speaking of not long," Arthur said, coming down the stairs, "how are the wedding plans coming along?"

"Ivy's got it under control," Percy said, finally speaking, "haven't you, darling?"

I forced myself to smile, nodding my head. The truth was though, I hadn't done anything. I just couldn't face picking out flowers and trying on wedding dresses. All I wanted to do was draw.

"I can't wait for you to officially join the family," Ginny gushed, reaching over to excitedly squeeze my hand. "It's just a shame we won't be Weasley's together, though."

"Nothing wrong with being a Potter, Gin," Harry chortled. "Although I do know what you mean, I feel very much like an honorary Weasley, myself."

"That's because you are, dear," Molly said, bustling over to hand him another beer and to ruffle his hair, "and I feel blessed to call you my son. A mother can't have too many sons," she added, her voice wobbling slightly as she glanced up at the large photo of Fred above the fireplace, "and I've been so fortunate to have the best. Every single one of my sons have made me proud, and you are all the reason I still get up in the morning."

"Cheers, Mother," Ginny muttered, before knocking back her wine. "I'll just sit here not existing then, shall I?"

But Molly wasn't listening, instead, I watched as she beamed up at Percy before pulling him in for a hug.

I swallowed, feeling that familiar swirling sickness in the pit of my stomach again.

"My good boys," Molly said, choking up as Percy fiercely hugged her back. "My good, wonderful boys."

*****