Conclusions(30)

AN: Please just take a moment and vote for this chapter

Dimitri

"What are you thinking of brother?" Ellie asked as she came and sat next to me on the rock facing the lake. She was much shorter than I was so her legs weren't touching the ground. Instead, she swung them back and forth in the air. I used to make fun of Ellie's height once. But now I was scared that she was all too grown up. I wanted her to remain small. But life didn't work that way. She was in love. My little sister Ellie is in love with my best friend.

Ellie's question reminded me of home. This was always our routine. She would find me deep in thought staring through my bedroom window and would ask me that exact question. Initially it felt odd sharing my thoughts with her. But with time and lots of begging on Ellie's end, it became routine.

I always pretended to be annoyed when she would ask the question but low-key would wait patiently for her to come and ask me. Yes, I secretly started to enjoy our sessions. In a way they allowed me to bond with my little sister. See, I was never one to play with dolls. As a kid, Ellie would beg me to play with her and I just could not do that. It was not a sexist thing; I just never understood the concept of feeding plastic.

From then onwards we had slowly grown apart. I always kept to myself. Not to mention the fact that dad started training me to be a king. This meant at times, I would leave the palace with dad for weeks. I was worried about us drifting apart so I asked Damien to watch over her and let me know how she was doing. I guess I also played a part in getting the two of them together now that I think of it. The thing was that I just didn't know how to connect with my sister. We were polar opposites. I took after my mom while she took after dad. We even looked different. I had dark brown wavy hair and she had blonde hair. My eyes were grey, while hers were blue. Basically, if anyone saw us, they would not be able to tell that we were siblings.

Until this day I thank heavens that Ellie was stubborn. She was adamant on talking with me and kept trying to get me to do stuff with her. A smile formed on my lips from the memory. My little sister was my everything. I guess, I had Seneca to thank as well for not killing her when they met.

"You always said you wanted a sister," I started. I said this because I wanted Ellie to talk first. I was still gathering my thoughts. Besides, I knew that Ellie needed to talk through her thoughts. I was a good listener and I really did not mind listening right now. Besides, I was curious as to what her thoughts were on having a sister. Especially since she had been in close proximity with this sister of ours.

We talked through my thoughts until the moon was bright and up in the sky and wolves were howling in the distance. All in all, it was a serene night. Of course, there was a lot of arguing between Ellie and I. We both and very different ideas of our sister. I still very much loathed her while Ellie despite feeling insecure was rather adamant on the fact that we could not kill our sister. No matter how evil she was. Apparently, she had a bad life and we had to understand her as her family. I agreed to this only if we got out of this with no one dying.

In the end we came to three conclusions:

1. There had to be another reason why Seneca, my older sister (it is going to take a while for me to get use to saying that) had decided to come 'visit' us. Secondly Senca had apparently acquired black magic. This was why most of the witches were afraid to go up against her. Black magic apparently is the purest and most powerful kind of magic. It originates from deep in Africa. Ellie had apparently done some research into this after she met Seneca. My sister was way smarter than she gave herself credit for. That is why we needed to be prepared when we went up against her. Just because my father was alive didn't mean that she was all good. I still did have a bounty on my head after all. This of course meant that we were going to extend our stay at this pack for a bit longer than expected.

2. Ellie demanded to know what else there was going on about me. She was close to hitting the nail on the head so I decided to deter her instead by saying something I had never said aloud to anyone before, "I do not want to be king." Now that I think about it, I really did not want to be king. But I also did not know what I would do with my life if I did not become king. See, I never really thought of my life could be like outside of ruling, so of course I had no idea what I was going to do if I was presented with such a choice. But I definitely did not like the idea of not ruling. Ellie was somewhat consumed by this truth of mine that she did not prey further into my rather complicated love life. Thank heavens because I had no idea how or where to start with telling my sister that I had met my mate. Besides, one new sister is pretty overwhelming as is.

3. There was hope of finding another witch who could help us. Apparently there was another mixed breed. She was part witch and part werewolf. She was said to come from the Gemeni coven in Africa. That had reminded me of Rebecca. I missed Rebecca so much now that I thought of her. I was going to execute this plan and then find her. I wasn't giving up on our friendship that easily. Besides, with Damien dating my sister I needed a new best friend. Anyways, so it was decided that I was going to go see the witch with Damien tomorrow night per Ellie's wish. I did have to speak with Damien. He shouldn't put me above his own happiness.

That didn't mean I liked him and Ellie together but I was going to accept it in time.

AN

QOC: What relationship do you have with your siblings?

Things are about to get heated in the next few chapters as we draw closer and closer to the end

Vote and comment