°Waiting for her part 3°

'Come in. I'm glad you made it' Kaycee greeted, opening the door fully for him to enter. Sean laughed awkwardly in response, stuffing his hands in his pocket.

The house looked like a cut out from an Architects magazine. It was beautiful. but not in the old-world quaint kind of way. Everything was geometric, which Sean guessed you could say about almost any pitched roof abode with square windows, but on this house you couldn't help but notice it. The roof was flat for a start and the door as wide as it was tall. The windows took up entire walls with only polished steel beams to break them into yet more rectangles. The look would have been entirely metallic, like a mini down-town skyscraper had it not been for the cedar beams of the external porch and the matching raised plant beds that contained only white flowers. But what shocked Sean was the lack of photos on the wall. There were hardly any and the ones that were hung up was of the girl and her dog.

'Make yourself at home' Kaycee chirped, showing him the living room. It seemed as if everyone was already there, all seated around the TV screen which was playing interior designs of various aquariums around the world.

'Hey Sean!' One of his co-workers smiled, standing by his side as she passed him a cup of water.

'Hey Bails' he smiled back, failing at suppressing the smile stretching wide on his lips. 

'Ready for aquarium planing?' She laughed, gesturing for him to come and sit in the kitchen where more of his co-workers were chatting away.

'So ready' he chuckled, sitting down opposite Bailey.

'Can everyone please listen up?' Kaycee piped up, her voice was fragile and barely audible in the swarm of people. She giggled quietly to herself, but Sean heard it considering that he was basically staring at the girl.

'Got the hots for Rice, huh?' Bailey smirked, a knowing look in her eyes as she watched his eyes trail up and down the brunettes body.

'Shut up. I do not' he huffed, making himself laugh by his own lie.

'Can everyone please listen?' Kaycee tried again, this time her voice was louder, but she wasn't exactly shouting, it was more so an octave higher than last time.

Everyone began whispering shushing everyone down, before paying attention to Kaycee.

'So our boss, Alex, has started this project and wants us to be a part of it, like you all know. There's some details we have to go through first, though' she said.

She continued to talk, but Sean was slightly leaning forward, chin resting in his hands as he stared at the girl with awe. A giggle would escape her lips every now and then, and her eyes would shine with the utmost kindness and light every time she answered someone's question. 

She continued talking only stooping when a doorbell rang. It was shrill and it jangled all Sean's nerves. Kaycee excused herself, a questioning look on her face as she, herself didn't know who would be at her house at this hour. 

The guests all continued their chatter, most of the conversations about the aquarium, however Sean's ears were trained on Kaycee, and he nearly jumped out of his seat when he heard the voice at the door.

'Hey babe' the words ran around repeatedly in his mind and he stood up from his seat to get a better look at the man.

'Hey Jake. How are you?' Kaycee hugged him, her arms wrapped reflexively around his neck and his arms tugging on her waist. She smiled at him, a dimple under her eye appearing. 

Sean's heart ached when she smiled.

He want it to be directed towards him. For him. Because of him. He wanted to bring her joy; be the source of those lit eyes and rosy cheeks. He watched her bring so much happiness to those around her and he could only wish to one day have her in his arms.