𝟮𝟬. lost nowhere

CHANGE | CHAPTER TWENTY

    𝐊orra barged into the cockpit of the airship after she pried the door open with metalbending, surprising the airmen inside

    𝐊orra barged into the cockpit of the airship after she pried the door open with metalbending, surprising the airmen inside. The co-pilot tried to break into a run but was knocked against the steering wheel by an air blast that came from none other than the fiery airbender, causing the airship to lose control. Cloud sent a sheepish smile at her friends who shook their heads at her, but nonetheless, the trio continued attacking to get ahold of the airship.

    "Mayday! Mayday! The Avatar has escaped," The captain frantically spoke into the airship's radio." We're going down in quadrant four of the Si Wong Desert!" 

    The co-pilot regained consciousness and charged at Korra, only to be knocked towards the captain by another air blast. Asami ran up to the steering wheel. However, it turned out Cloud and Korra might've gone a little over-aggressive than usual. The controls were busted and when she picked up the radio phone which had broken into two, Cloud grimaced.

    "Sorry, but it's not my fault this airship's a hunk of junk," Korra said frustratedly.

    "No, I took part in it, too," Cloud sighed.

    Asami grabbed onto the controls. "Hang on to something!"

    "Holy━" Cloud yelped, and the last thing she knew the airship crashed into a sand dune.

    One thing for sure, she didn't want to ride an airship ever again even if she had to fight someone. For once, she wanted to experience a calm ride where there wasn't any fight and chaos. Monkey feathers! She must've hit her head hard to make her think about not wanting to be in a fight again. She and her two friends climbed out of the airship from the roof, the blazing sun shining on them with open arms.

    "Well, they say any landing you could walk away from is a good landing," Asami mused. Then she stared at the vastness of the desert. "But, given our location, I'm not so sure about that."

    "You're the engineer. What do you think? Can we get flying again?"

    "It doesn't look good. Even if you metalbend the propellers back into shape, we have to dig this whole thing out of the sand."

     "A glider sounds really nice to have right now," Cloud retorted, slightly grumbling from annoyance.

    The trio turned towards the entrance on the roof as the crew climbed out of the airship. Korra furrowed her brows. "Is everyone all right?"

     "Like you care."

     "What the heck happened?"

     "She said her friend needed help, then they knocked me out!"

     "More dangerous than being stranded in the desert?"

    Cloud ignored their bickering and turned around to face the endless horizon. She couldn't even see at least one cactus. She read somewhere that it produces water of some sort if squeezed enough. Truthfully, she wasn't so sure if she read on the non-poisonous page of the herbology book she picked up.