Chapter Fifty One

"Emily, you must've noticed Krum staring at your sister by now"
I looked up to see Ebony looking at me with raised eyebrows. The two of us had reconnected since my talk with Bethany, still readjusting to our friendship after so long not talking. I had suggested a study group in the library to get used to one another again.
"What do you mean?"
"The bugger has been staring at her practically all afternoon" she continued, pointing subtly over at Hermione's normal table in the corner. Sure enough, the Durmstrang student was sat in the seat opposite her, watching her write down her essay with slightly concerning attention.
"Go Hermione" I chuckled, shaking my head in disbelief, "I thought her and Ron were finally getting somewhere but... hey, she can do worse than a world famous Quidditch player"

"No kidding - that guy is hot" she trailed off, eyes finding the hoard of girls hiding behind a bookcase to their left, "and most of the student body seems to think the same"I huffed a laugh, shaking my head disbelievingly at the crowd of women sw...

I huffed a laugh, shaking my head disbelievingly at the crowd of women swooning over the poor man.
"I don't see it"
Ebony snorted, leaning back in her chair, "Of course you don't - you're too busy making love eyes at Fred"
"Wha- I - I'm not - Ebony!"
Cackling at my reaction, she hid a smile behind her potions book, "Your stuttering says otherwise"
"I am not having this conversation with you right now" I frowned, crossing my arms moodily.
Ebony raised her hands in surrender, smile still wide, and instead motioned to the work on the table, "Essay?"
"Essay"

"Emily! I feel like you've been so busy" Lee groaned, collapsing on to the sofa next to me, head falling heavily into my lap, "I haven't seen you in forever"
I giggled, ruffling his dreads, "you saw me this morning you grump"
"Not for long. You got dragged away"
Laughing, I put my book down, facing him fully, "Fair enough... you know what we should do?"
A smirk crept on to his face, eyes glinting with mischief, "Yes"
The two of us stood up, rushing to his dormitory with barely restrained glee, immediately opening the bag of prancing materials.
"We need something to take them off-guard" I said, eyes searching the contents methodically, "they'll be tired from detention but we need the twins to really be shocked"
Lee cackled, "Stink pellets and dungbombs?"
I winced, gesturing at the room, "you have to share the room with them... you'd be prancing yourself as well"
Lee hummed thoughtfully, "Very true - okay, how about we put biting jinxes on their bedsheets?"
I grinned, "Perfect! And we can put a Dancing Jinx on their slippers!"
Spirits lifted, we abandoned the prank supplies and began our work, Lee spelling the bedsheets while I hunted for the boys' slippers.
"Tarantallegra" I whispered, gagging slightly at the smell of George's shoes, "Merlin's beard, his feet stink"
Lee laughed in agreement, "At least you've never had his feet shoved in your face during a late night argument"
I shivered in disgust at the thought, brushing off my knees as I stood back up.
"Okay we should probably get back downstairs so they don't suspect anything"
Lee nodded, grabbing my arm and pulling me down the stairs, shoving me back into the sofa and returning to his previous position just as the twins barrelled through the door.

"Bloody freezing" George groaned, landing heavily on top of Lee, pressing his cold nose into the shorter man's neck, "Filch sent us to the dungeons and had us cleaning"
"Ugh! Gerroff me you lump!" Lee yelped, struggling under his weight.
Ignoring the two, I smiled at Fred pulling him into a kiss, smile growing as his hands gently cupped the back of my head. I pulled away for a breath, shifting over slightly so that Fred could squeeze into the space between me and the corner of the sofa.
"See Emily doesn't mind that Fred's cold! She's warming him up!" George whined, clinging on even harder to Lee who was now fully sat up, "Why don't you love me anymore! Warm me up Lee!"
"Don't bring out the guilt trip Georgie — did you just tell me to kiss you?"
I huffed a laugh, ignoring them in favour of kissing Fred again, his lips quickly warming up against mine.
"Hey beautiful" Fred whispered, forehead resting against mine as we separated once more.
"You're still cold" I said, ignoring the blush that had erupted across my cheeks, "come here"
Pulling him into my arms, I rested my head on his shoulder, just enjoying being in his company, the two boys' fighting serving as (surprisingly relaxing) background noise.
"Thank you, love"
"Don't mention it"

Later that night, when the twins and Lee went up to their dorm, I hid outside with a small smile.
"Has anyone seen my slippers?"
"They're right over there you daft bat"
"Shut up Fred"
"Bite me"
Their arguing was cut off by yelps, the two getting attacked by the jinxes.
"Ow! George what did you do!"
"What did I do? More like what did you do! You said 'bite me' and then you got bitten! And my feet are dancing!"
"That's coincidence!"
"Oh really?"
A loud thud indicated that George had wrestled Fred to the floor in search of answers, Lee sneaking out of the room just as the arguing started back up.
"It worked" Lee snickered, holding a hand over his mouth to muffle the noise, "George got bitten by his slippers and Fred got attacked by the sheets"
I giggled, high fiving Lee with a small jump, "I'd say that was a pretty successful prank"
"Agreed"