Friends

Song: Work, Charlotte Day Wilson

"We've noticed you're son seems to have difficulty controlling his anger, and after the incidents yesterday me and Mr Cowell have agreed that it would be wise to put Louis in counselling sessions once a week" Filch said as Louis and his father sat in front of his desk.

Louis' father had a scowl on his face as he flicked his eyes over to Louis, who had his head down with an angry expression. "He doesn't need counselling. Louis can control his anger just fine, do you think I taught him to control his emotions all these years for nothing?"

Filch quirked a judging brow, "I don't know how he acts when he's at home but we've seen a completely different side to him. He's been in trouble countless times, sworn at teachers on multiple occasions and threw a fit yesterday"

"If my son was angry I'm sure he had good reason to be. What exactly was he accused of?"

"He got into a fight with a student, the boy had a black eye and many bruises. He sent four of the boys friends off the pitch during football due to numerous injuries. And he nearly broke another students nose"

"Jake deserved it father, he was bad mouthing our family and he beat up my friend with the four I sent off the pitch" Louis quickly said, trying to justify his actions. "And I've already told you, Harry's situation was an accident, he was lying to you"

"Your friend?" Mark asked with a pointed look. Louis looked to the floor once again after realising his slip up. "We'll talk about that later" he said quietly, and Louis' heart was practically beating out of his chest. "I don't see what Louis has done wrong here"

"We don't tolerate violence Mr Tomlinson. Just like any other student he will receive punishment" Filch said professionally.

"I'll take punishment! I'll be sent home, get detention, I don't care. Anything but counselling!" Louis said desperately.

"I don't agree with counselling either. I'd much prefer for Louis to come home for a week, I can discipline him properly"

"That's not the issue here. We don't see counselling to be a punishment, we think it will benefit him if he had someone professional to talk to. All he's known for 16 years is what you have taught him, and we think he will adjust to his time here better if he had some guidance"
He paused and the corner of his mouth quirked up just the slightest, almost unseeable. "I'm sure you wouldn't want Louis showing up your name any more than he already has, don't you agree?"

Louis furrowed his eyebrows in offence and looked towards his father, waiting for him to disagree. Mark sent a challenging look towards Filch before he turned to Look at Louis again with an unreadable expression.

"What would these sessions ensue?" He asked after a brief pause, and Louis dropped his mouth open in shock.

Filch grinned triumphantly. "Once a week he will have a session for an hour. He will most likely talk about how his week has been, if anything was challenging and how he can solve any issues without the use of violence. He will be given advice and guidance, and if it doesn't seem to work we can try a different approach"