Chapter 34 ~ Mission: Save Lusamine

Meanwhile, as Lillie got Clefable back to normal, Ash and Serena followed Lusamine with Solgaleo.

"Stay away!" Lusamine shouted and threw sharp rocks at them. However, Solgaleo repulsed them easily and Ash exclaimed, "Let's move on!"

However, Lusamine did not like this. "I said, STAY AWAY!" she shouted and then, with her tentacles, formed a peculiar move that set off in a wavy motion in the air.

"What is that?" Serena said in amazement and Ash said, "I don't know, I've never seen anything like it." As he spoke, the waving stopped and Lusamine landed on an island.

Solgaleo also landed a short distance away and then Lusamine touched the ground with one of her tentacle tips. As a result of the contact, a large amount of purple liquid was released from the land, which spread around the islands into a peculiar sea.

Ash and Serena jumped off Solgaleo's back and Pikachu curiously went to the purple liquid and sniffed it.

His next look pretty much said what the liquid smelled like. Pikachu quickly backed away from the liquid and looked nauseous.

"How bad does it smell?" Serena said in amazement and walked slowly to the liquid. Sylveon and Braixen looked anxiously away from the distance and Serena touched the liquid with the tip of her shoe.

As soon as the tip touched the liquid, it began to smoke and the shoe material melted away. Serena quickly pulled her shoe off and felt a burning sensation on her toes.

"Corrosive," she said, trying not to breathe too much through her nose. The liquid smelled of death. "Falling into that would know death"

"Yeah, and a painful kind of it," Ash said and on the opposite shore Lusamine's mouth twisted into a vicious smile. "How do we get over that?"

                            ****
Meanwhile, as Ash and Serena with their Pokemon wondered how to cross the liquid sea, the others had their own battles going on.

With the help of Silvally, Gladion defeated Absol and Lana, Sophocles and Mallow co-defeated Mismagius, Milotic and Lilligant.

They already had time to rejoice in it, until suddenly, the defeated Pokemon rose up with their eyes gleaming red and it looked as if nothing had ever hit them.

"How is that possible?" Sophocles asked in fear and Mallow whined, "I don't know, but it doesn't look very good"

Elsewhere, Gladion was also amazed that Absol rose up invulnerably looking up and realized. Right, he thought. As long as that beast is in power, so are these Pokemon.

Then he jumped on Silvally's back and said, "Lycanroc, Umbreon, take you care of Absol. I'll go to my mother." Then he exclaimed, "Let's go, Silvally!" and Silvally rushed away with him.

                           ****
As Gladion left with Silvally, Ash and Serena wondered how to cross the spreading, corrosive sea in front of them.

"She doesn't want us to move on," Serena said and Ash shouted, "Listen, Lusamine! Lillie and Gladion are coming and then this madness will end!"

"I don't want it to end!" Lusamine shouted angrily. "I hate you! I hate you all! I really hate you!"

Her shout make the surface of the liquid rise dangerously and Ash barely had time to grab Pikachu in his arms and jump with Serena farther as the liquid swept to the shore.

"It was close," he said when Solgaleo suddenly grabbed the collar of his shirt with its mouth and waved his on its back. It then did the same for Serena and Serena just had time to summon her Pokemon back to their balls as Solgaleo roared and set off to run over the liquid.