CHAPTER 10

Anjali was sitting in Rahul's cabin at City Hospital, waiting for her turn to go to child pediatrician. Rahul was away to see his patients and told Anjali that a nurse would call her when her turns come. While waiting she remembers the day a year back when she hold Arush for the first time in this very same hospital.

Flash back 1 year ago ....

"Anji, come on yaar ... how much will you shop", Rahul said getting tired of all the shopping he and Anjali was doing for the last 3 hours in a mall for their engagement.

Anjali giggled at Rahul's condition and said, "Well you should have thought of this before purposing to me".

"Don't make me change my decision sweetheart", Rahul said with a teasing smile.

Anjali smack Rahul's shoulder and said in fake anger, "Don't you dare or else ..." She couldn't complete her sentence as her mobile rang at that time. Anjali took her mobile out of bag and saw an unknown number thought to cut it but then picked it thinking it must be someone from orphanage.

"Hello ..", Anjali said.

"Hello, is this Anjali Singh Raizada?", a male voice spoke.

"Yes this is Anjali Singh Raizada,  who are you?".

"I am Rajat Ahuja, Tania's father"

Anjali was shocked a little then composing herself she replied, "yes uncle .. umm .. how may I help you?"

"Can you come to the City Hospital right now please? Tania wants to meet you. Please it's very urgent"

Anjali didn't know what to say, Arnav has asked her and other family members not to meet or contact Tania ever again. She looked at Rahul, who was looking at her face and asked "what happened" by the gesture of his head. Anjali quickly said, "sure uncle".

"Thanks ... we will be waiting" and he cut the call.

Anjali told Rahul about the call who also got worried. Anjali thought to tell Arnav but then Rahul asked her not to as then he will get angry and don't allow her to meet Tania. He suggests to Anjali that first they should go there and see what Tania wants then think how to tell Arnav. Anjali agreed because she too wanted to know what caused Arnav to break every tie with Tania, as Tania was use to be his best friend. And Arnav being ASR didn't tell everything besides that he and Tania decided to go separate ways. Anjali got worried to know that Tania is in hospital. She silently pray for her well being.

Soon they reached hospital. Rahul asked at Reception about Tania Ahuja and then they move towards her room. On entering her room, what they see made them all shocked.

Tania was on the hospital bed, looking all weak and her head was totally covered in white Bandages and no hair. Anjali quickly moves toward her and sat on the stool beside the bed.

"Tania, you ... how.. what happened? are you all right?", Anjali don't know what to say or ask she just got so worried seeing Tania's condition.

"Di, I am sorry Di ... I am so sorry", Tania sobbed.

"Stop Tania ... please its not good for your health", her father said who was standing on the other end of the bed looking very dejected.

"Uncle what happened?", Rahul asked putting his hand on Rajat's shoulder.

"Tania has brain tumor. Last stage .. she ... she don't have much time", Rajat said all broken.

Anjali gasp hard and put her hand on her mouth, tears running down her cheek. "Tania .." she didn't know what to say.