thirty

It had been a few hours since they had boarded the jet, all sitting in an uncomfortable silence. Marci had stopped crying, but her eyes still burned from the tears that had taken over her. Marci's mind had been void of thought for past few hours while Bucky's was flooded with guilt.  "What's going to happen to your friends," he asked finally breaking the silence that had fallen over them. Marci looked up from her lap, glancing in Steve's direction. She had no idea, but she assumed the worst. Her mind wasn't in the best place at the moment so she was glad Steve answered so she didn't have to.

Steve sighed with a small shake of his head, Marci didn't know that he was fighting off his own tears. That was for the best, she wouldn't have been able to handle that. "Whatever it is, I'll deal with it," he told him.

Bucky pursed his lips, "I don't know if I'm worth all this, Steve," he shook his head.

"Bucky, don't say that," Marci whispered to him, hurt evident in her voice.

"What you did all those years," Steve began, "It wasn't you. You didn't have a choice."

"I know," Bucky nodded, nibbling at the inside of his lip, "But I did it."

"Bucky," Marci reached over to him, placing her hand in his own, "You're worth it to me," she said to him, her eyes staring into his. "Everything that's happen that past few days, I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat if it meant that you would be safe," she gave him a sad smile which he returned. "I love you," she reminded him.

Bucky smiled a small, yet real smile, "I know," he turned away from her. Marci and Bucky couldn't see Steve's face, but a small smile appeared on his lips as well. He was shocked to hear Marci admit her feelings for his former best friend. He hadn't known that they had developed such strong feelings for one another during their time together in Romania. Yet, it didn't surprise him. Bucky had always been good with the ladies, he was glad to see that trait still remained with him. Although Steve didn't know Marci to the same extent Bucky or Sam did, he knew she'd be good for him.

"We're almost there," Steve told the two, quickly approaching the snowy mountain top. Marci's stomach flipped as the jet began to lower itself to the ground, landing with a small thud.

They unbuckled themselves from the seats, and stood for the first time in a few hours. Marci stretched out her aching muscles, boy could she go for a hot bath right now. They had just escaped an intense brawl only to be walking right into another, Marci just wanted a break. She would get one eventually, right?

As Bucky stood, he walked over to the weapons compartment, pulling out a rifle that he thought would suit his needs. Steve took his shield off the rack he had hung it on while Marci just stood there waiting patiently. She already had everything she needed.

The two men stood side by side, waiting for Marci to hit the button that opened the door. Marci stood behind them slightly but still in between the two of them. The cool Siberian air made her shuddered, she didn't like the cold.

"Do you remember that time we had to ride back from the Rockaway Beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Steve said to Bucky. Marci's brow furrowed, that sounded like quite the story.

Bucky cocked his head as he thought back, "Was that the time we used our train money to buy hot dogs," Bucky was trying to put the pieces together.

"You spent three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead," Marci watched a smile come over both of their faces. One appeared on hers as well.

"What was her name, again?" Bucky question.

"Dolores, you called her Dot," Steve reminded him.