6

In the morning, Taehyung has a mild headache, not sure if this was from the alcohol last night or what had happened with Jeongguk, he is at least pleased to get a text from Jimin.

Jiminie:
hey, we're all heading to the cafe to get hangover food if u want to join?

So after a shower and changing into clean clothes, his favourite outfit for confidence, a patterned shirt tucked into wide legged slacks. He heads out to his work place, still new enough at the job to not find the thought of being there on his free time repulsive.

By the time he arrives Yoongi and Hoseok are already there both looking worse for wear.

"Tae!" Hoseok manages to speak brightly despite looking like he's drowning in his hoodie, hair a roughed up mess. "Hey, glad to see you, you get home safe last night?"

"Yea, did you drag yourselves home much later?" Taehyung asks, sliding into a seat at their table.

"Heh, a while after I guess, I just don't care about myself you see? Just keep drinking and drinking, who gives a fuck about morning Hobi right?"

Chuckling sleepily Yoongi lifts his head from where it was rested on his crossed arms, "I care about morning Hobi."

"Well! If it isn't my favourite sweetheart, come to give his hyung company!" Jins chipper voice interrupts from beside him, turning to look Taehyung finds Jin puckering his lips obnoxiously, Taehyung pretends to lean away in disgust. "Yah! And to think I made you a free drink!"

"Oh hyung!" Taehyung beams, leaning forward with grabby hands to the iced tea Jin is holding "thank you!" He tells him around his straw after he's given the sweet drink.

"We'll order food once the others get here Seokjin," Hoseok explains, pulling the strings of his hood until it's taut around his face.

As Jin heads back to the counter to serve new customers Hoseok leans towards Taehyung, "So," He starts mischievously, "saw you getting all hot and heavy with gukkie last night"

Taehyung promptly chokes on his spit, "something like that."

"It's okay," Hoseok says laughing at his reaction. "Just, if you want to pursue him maybe take it slow?"

"Yeah, I, Yea," Taehyung can't help but think about how Jeongguk has made it clear that he doesn't want to be pursued by him but doesn't say as much.

From his position facing the door Taehyung can see Jeongguk approaching, holding Jimins hand. He's wearing a large black sweater, it looks well worn and stretched, he also has one earbud in even though he's talking to Jimin.
Taehyung can feel heat rise to his cheeks, steeling himself as they get close, trying very hard not to think about his rejection.

"Hey! We ordering food?" Jimin asks, pulling a chair to the end of their table to sit at. The only other free one is opposite Taehyung, he can't help but think Jimin did this on purpose as he watches Jeongguk sit down.

"Yes, want toast," Yoongi grumbles from beside Jeongguk, Taehyung watches as he starts running his hand up and down Jeongguks back.

Jeongguk himself is adamantly staring at the ring he's fiddling with in his lap, Taehyung wonders whether he feels just as nervous. Taking the opportunity to observe him Taehyung takes in his fluffy hair, big big eyes, big cute nose, the pout he doesn't seem to be conscious of. He's maybe the most endearing person Taehyung has even seen. Far from the sculpted Adonis he had been the night before that had heat simmering in Taehyungs stomach at just a glance of his cinched tiny waist, tight jeans ripped to expose his thighs, slight sheen of sweat that had made his golden skin look like it was glowing.

Okay, Taehyung has a crush, and he doesn't know what to do with it now. Can't pursue it, feels another wave of shame wash over him at the thought. But perhaps Taehyung can pursue something else, he wants to know this boy with big eyes who all of his friends seem to love and dote on.

"Tae do you want cake with me?" Jimin is asking him, Taehyung rips his gaze from Jeongguk guiltily.

"Mm, the lemon drizzle?" There's not very much choice for hangover foods at the cafe, mostly baked goods. At Jimins nod Taehyung replies, "sure, I love the one we do here"

Jin, as though smelling a sale, walks over to them at that moment, perching on a nearby table. "What'll it be boys?"

"Lemon cake!" Out of the corner of his eye he notices Jeongguk watching him, feels nervous at the attention, smiles widely hoping to cover it up.

Everyone clambers with orders as Taehyung turns back to the table, braving a look at Jeongguk who is watching him with bug eyes, Taehyung offers him a small smile. Friends. He wants to be friends, he can do this. Taehyung is actually very good at making friends, is often called charming and charismatic. Swallowing the rejection down he asks quietly, "what would you like to eat Jeongguk?"

"Um, just coffee, I just want coffee." He replies shyly

Turning back to Jin Taehyung adds, "and an americano please"

"You don't drink coffee" Jin says raising a brow,

"You're right I don't, this isn't mine"

"You will.. you will Taehyung, if it's the last thing I do I will turn you to the sweet black nectar!" Having heard this before Taehyung turns away, "You can't work in a coffee shop and not like coffee!" Jin continues.

Taehyung swings back towards him and scrunches his nose exaggeratedly, "yea yea and I'll drop dead in the process!"

"Well! Better that than no coffee!" Jin says with so much surety that Taehyung can't help but start laughing, also cracking up Jin turns to make his way back to the counter to make their orders.

As his laughter dies down he overheards Yoongi talking quietly to Jeongguk "You having a bad sensory day guk?" Yoongi asks kindly.

"Yea," Jeongguk admits, glancing quickly at Taehyung who tries to feign an air of nonchalance. Yoongi doesn't say anything more, just slides ever so slightly closer.

Conversation picks up, Hoseok whining about Jimin stealing his toast, Jimin in turn throwing said toast across the table accidentally hitting Yoongi.

"Yah! I don't deserve this! I'm only ever good to you!"

Quietly paying attention Taehyung notices that Jeongguk has his eyes closed a lot, just listening to the conversation, only occasionally quietly adding a comment.

The morning quickly turns to noon and Taehyung has a studio session to go to so bids them goodbye so that he can hurry to the art store to get new oil paints before class.