Knocked out(35)

AN: Please vote for this chapter 

Dimitri

Standing in front of Rebecca's house right now with a pounding heart wasn't something I wanted to do, but alas life had other plans. I needed her and I was running out of time. So, I here I was.

Why did meeting this girl make me nervous?

Damien went ahead and pushed the door bell without even checking if I was ready. "Triiiiiiiiiiiiiinnng!" the doorbell rang silencing my thoughts on how to scold him. It was too late to turn back now I guess.

A few moments later, Rebecca in all her glory opened her door. I couldn't help but feel relieved that she still resided here. I was honestly afraid that she would have left. Rebecca's hair was currently hidden behind some head wrap, with a few stubborn curls popping out here and there. She first looked at Damien and then her big-brown eyes finally landed on me. I didn't like the way she looked at me. He eyes didn't hold that kind glimmer they usually did. Now they were just cold. This wasn't how we greeted each other but I guess a lot had changed since then.

I had to admit that despite the circumstances, when I saw Rebecca however, my heart had calmed down a little. I wasn't even sure why I was so anxious anymore.

"Hi, Rebecca. Can we please come inside?" I asked after she seemed to just keep giving me her cold stare. I swear if looks could kill, I would no longer be standing here right now. She then opened the door wider and moved aside to let us in.

As I entered her house, I got close enough to her to catch a whiff of her scent. She smelt of coconuts and for some reason I really liked it. It calmed my nerves, as if I was finally where I was always meant to be. I then went ahead and sat down on the couch without saying a word. I didn't know how to start this conversation so I wasn't going to start it.

"So your real name is Zhurhuri," Damien said after he realised that neither of us was going to speak first. It wasn't awkward really. I guess after not seeing each other for so long we just needed some time to take a good look at each other.

There was something about Rebecca's presence that relaxed me. It was odd considering the fact that I knew there was no way she would agree to help us, but being in her presence and encased by her scent had me feeling like everything was finally in its right place.

Rebecca didn't even seem fazed by the statement Damien made. She still kept her eyes on me while she responded to Damien, "I prefer to not be called by that name."

"Why?" I finally managed to say after she finished talking. I had so many questions, but first I needed to know if any of what we had was even real. I was hurt by her and our so-called friendship. First she left me high and dry. Now, I find out she wasn't even who I thought she was. And yet a part of me desperately wanted to listen to her. To hear her voice. To believe her. I wasn't ready to lose her yet.

"I should be asking you that Vampire Prince," she said with such malice in her voice that it made me shiver. She still had her eyes transfixed on me so I'm sure she saw how her words affected me. We were both finally seeing each other for who we really were and I couldn't tell if this was a good thing or not. Honestly I just wanted to go back to being in that bubble we were in. The one where we were both just human.

"I think I'm going to give you two privacy," Damien said breaking the silence. Immediately Rebecca and I both simultaneously replied, "No." We were still maintaining eye contact, but I could tell that Damien felt awkward from the tension that was steadily rising.

"You have some nerve coming here after to ask me for help. Do you forget that I hate your family? I lost my family in that war! Your sister can kill you for all I care. I mean you were going to kill me once you found out that I was a mix breed anyway." she finished off fuming.

I wanted to respond back in anger too, but the truth of her words cut right through me. Heck they hurt more than when my mate rejected me. I felt my entire being begin to shake. It was not from anger though. No, I was hurt. She wouldn't mind me being dead seriously. I guess now I know where we stood.

"Well, I am sorry you feel this way," I said and watched her pretty face contour into shock. Which she quickly covered up. I then stood up and walked to where Damien was standing and said, "Let's go." I didn't even wait for him to respond as I made my way to the door.

As soon as we stepped out of Rebecca's house, I placed my hands on my knees and took a deep breath in. After her words, I couldn't inhale any oxygen. The coconut that had recently just calmed me was now suddenly chocking me.

"You okay there," Damien asked me worridly. I got up from my crouched position and was about to answer him when I saw that we were all of a sudden surrounded.

"Take them all back and they better be alive!" a female's voice said. I turned to look at this person giving orders and she was already staring back at me. She had the biggest smirk on her face as she said, "Hello brother. I would love to talk, but we need some place private." Then she flicked her wrist and the next thing I knew I was knocked out. 

XXXXX

AN

QOC: Thoughts on Seneca so far? Do share in the comments. Also what do you think is her real motive for doing all this?

Ps: hit that vote button