8

Taehyung is cleaning his brushes when his phone lights up with an incoming call from Jeongguk, he's surprised the quiet boy would ring him but very pleased.

"Guk?" He says into the phone smiling slightly to himself.

"Hi, this isn't um guk? I actually, I'm with him, he's having some kind of break down. I was just walking down the street and found him, he's a mess, won't talk to me so I rang the last person he texted. Which was you, can you come and get him?"

"What?" Taehyung asks alarmed, "Yes, of course, where are you?"

"Down on the edge of campus, near the egg waffle shop? Do you know where I mean?"

"Yes, yes I do," Taehyung replies, thanking god that he's on campus already. "I'll be right there! Can you stay with him and wait for me?"

"Of course, how far are you?"

"Just five minutes away! I'll hurry!"

"Cool, thanks, see you."

"Bye." Taehyung replies before shoving his phone in his pocket and quickly putting his sketchbook and brushes in his bag.

He rushes across campus, beads of sweat forming on his forehead, until he's outside the waffle shop. Looking around he notices a huddled figure across the street. Waving to the man he can see standing beside Jeongguk he crosses the road.

"Hey," He says out of breath, "thank you."

"It's alright," the man around their age says, brushing his brown hair up off of his forehead, "I hope he's okay." says looking genuine so Taehyung smiles at him as he turns to leave.

Looking down he finds Jeongguk looking so small, curled up tight, rocking back and forth, hands pressed over his eyes and sobbing.

Taehyung feels his stomach tighten with worry.
"Hey, hey Jeongguk," he says gently, with no response he crouches down to Jeongguks height. "It's Taehyung, can you look at me?"

After a moment of waiting Jeongguk lowers his hands, Taehyung takes in a sharp breath looking at his big wide eyes pouring with tears. Seeing Taehyung he leans forward slightly as though drawn in.

"What's the matter Jeongguk?" He asks kindly, wanting so badly to comfort him. Jeongguk just carries on staring, eyebrows scrunching together looking pained.

"What do you need me to do Guk?" Taehyung asks heart breaking.

Jeongguk still doesn't respond, looking more frustrated and shaking his head. It hits Taehyung, if this is an autistic thing then, autism effects communication right?
"You can't speak?"

Jeongguk nods his head, eyes teary and desperate looking.

"Okay, that's okay Jeonggukkie, can I touch you?"

A nod, Taehyung scoots forward, still crouched and reaches out to rub Jeongguks back how he'd seen Yoongi do. Trying to think fast he tries to remember any little thing he's noticed about Jeongguk, he'd seen him use his head phones a lot. His phone is sitting beside him on the floor so Taehyung asks "do you want music? Are your headphones in your pocket?"

Without much of a reply Taehyung reaches into his pocket himself and finds a tangled mess of headphones and what he assumes to be house keys.

Unravelling them Taehyung reaches for Jeongguks phone, but not knowing the passcode puts it aside in favour of plugging them into his own. He doesn't know what Jeongguk needs to listen to right now but remembers them texting about Dean once so puts his songs on shuffle and places the ear buds in Jeongguks ears.

"Is that ok?" Jeongguk nods in response, now with eyes tightly closed, tears clumped on his lashes.

"Alright baby, okay, come here," he murmurs pulling him into his arms and standing them both up.

Jeongguk wobbles and leans towards Taehyung, eyes still closed. So he makes sure to take his weight and guide him to lean against a wall. Knowing that Jeongguk is vulnerable and needs to be taken out of public, away from curious eyes Taehyung rings a taxi. While they wait he strokes Jeongguk gently and googles sensory overload on his phone, Jimin had briefly mentioned it once, that Jeongguk gets it.

He learns that Jeongguk is probably overwhelmed by all of his senses right now, so he starts by taking off his big soft hoodie and manoeuvring Jeongguk to put it on him, hoping that he's not already overheated. His skin feels cool to the touch so he prays he's right. Pulling the hood up to shade his face he watches as Jeongguk visibly seems to become ever so slightly less tense, eyes not so tightly shut.

A taxi pulls up then so Taehyung quickly but gently guides Jeongguk to the back seat, climbing in beside him he greets the taxi driver and tells him Jeongguk and Jimins dorm address. The ride takes no time at all, since Jeongguk lives close to campus, thanking the driver he pays in notes and manages to get Jeongguk out onto the street again.
He's only been here once before with Jimin but thankfully remembers the right floor, he knocks hoping that Jimin might be home but when no reply comes he says to Jeongguk "gonna reach in your pocket okay?" Getting the key out he opens the door and leads them inside. Then after slipping his shoes off he leans Jeongguk against the wall and gets down to pull his trainers off.

"Which is your room guk?" He asks, hoping he can hear him over his music.

Jeongguk nods towards the closest door, so Taehyung leads him, stumbling a little because Jeongguk is heavy, to his bed. Then rushes to shut the blinds until there's only a crack of light coming in. He turns back to find him kicking off his jeans frustratedly, Taehyung tries not to look at Jeongguks legs, beautiful as they may be.

Coming over to kneel on the bed next to where Jeongguk has now lain down he pulls the covers over him. About to stand up he feels Jeongguks hands reaching out to his, "yes Guk?" His only reply is being tugged a little harder so he lets himself be dragged to lay beside him. Jeongguk sighs in what Taehyung hopes is contentment and closes his eyes again.

Taehyung lays gazing at his beautiful face, tears dried now and lips pouting, after a while his breathing evens out, finally resting peacefully.
He knows that now is probably about the time to be calling Jimin, but hands held in Jeongguks bear paws, he can't bring himself to. Not when Jeongguk is so calm now, sleeping and wanting Taehyung close. Not when Taehyung wants to be protective and have him all to himself.