Ch. 37 - Relax

Song: You'll Be Okay (Acoustic) by Michael Schulte
Words: 1457
Published: August 28th, 2020
Third Person POV

Rayna wakes up the next morning in bed with Harley. It's clearly early morning, as sun was peaking through the window. Luckily, the curtains were pulled over to block the rays. She rolls over from facing the window to facing Harley, who is still sound asleep.

His light brown hair looked dirty blonde in the gold lighting, and his gorgeous hazel eyes were closed. His fair skin was tanned from the summer sun and looked even more so right now. He had a slight stubble growing on his teardrop shaped face, and she was drying to trace her fingers over his skin and run them through his slightly wavy, somewhat long hair.

Suddenly, she flinches in surprise as Harley's alarm goes off. Her heart beats fast as Harley stirs. He absentmindedly turns off the alarm as he always does, but is really woken up when Rayna grabs him by his arm and lightly tugs him towards her.

He smiles, his hazel eyes looking into her light blue ones. He lays on his side facing Rayna.

"Good morning, baby," Harley whispers to Rayna. She blushes hearing his morning voice and taking in how attractive he is to her.

"G'morning, babe," she whispers back to him, really quietly.

"Do you remember what happened yesterday?" he asks, his smile disappearing.

She frowns and nods, looking away from his face. She still wonders how such a good guy like Emmett can be mated with someone like Jake, but then she remembers that quite a bit of it was Johnathan's fault.

"You shouldn't've done that, sweetheart. You wore yourself out again, and the doctor said to take it easy for at least two weeks," he reminds her, brushing a bit of Rayna's hair behind her ear. He places his fingers under her chin, making her look up at him.

She nods, still avoiding eye contact.

"I know."

"What did you even do?" Harley asks. "Emmett says that you did something with magic with Jake."

"I- I think I used my special power. I showed him all of my memories, and I was also able to see his," she tells him.

Harley nods.

"We can look into that later. I really don't want you wearing yourself out, okay?"

Rayna nods.

"Okay."

He gives her a soft smile and kisses her on the nose, making her giggle, before pulling away and getting out of bed.

"Where are you going?" Rayna asks in a somewhat whiny voice. Harley chuckles.

"I'm getting ready for work, baby."

She pouts and rolls over, stealing the covers he once had and pulling them up to her chin. She wraps herself into a huge ball of blankets. He chuckles again while he walks around the bed and into the closet. He grabs some clothes, kisses the top of her head--which is the only part of her peaking out of her ball of blankets--and heads into the bathroom to shower.

As Harley is in the shower, Rayna's mind starts to wander, and it latches onto one thought in particular.

". . . and once your two weeks of rest are over, we're going on a little trip."

Harley had said that to her two days ago when she got back from the hospital. The conversation didn't continue afterwards, as he told her to eat and it ended up slipping her mind until now.