사십구

“My Ggu, I was so scared you would come too late”, Taehyung whispered when Jeongguk gently lifted him up, a shyly scared Hoseok doing the same with Yoongi after asking for permission, Yoongi wrapping his arms around Hoseok in response. “Never. I will always come for you”, Jeongguk said and Taehyung released a cute little giggle.

“This I know”, he smiled before looking up, brows nearly meeting his hair by the sight of Hoseok, a demon lord he has seen only a few times but realization sunk into him once he saw the fond look Hoseok had on his face. “Wait a damn minute”, Taehyung said, sitting up in Jeongguk’s arms and Hoseok’s eyes flickered towards Taehyung.

He gulped heavily, fear evident in his eyes. “You’re Yoonie’s mate? The one who made my Baby cry?!“, Taehyung exclaimed, eyes this time glowing yellow from held back fury and Jeongguk smugly looked at Hoseok. ‘You fucked up’ his look literally said and Hoseok gulped again while Yoongi in his arms was sadistically cackling.

“M-my Queen, I-I apologize for h-hurting h-”

“How dare you! You absolute asshat made him cry when he’s such an angel, you don’t deserve him, I would kill you if that wasn’t going to make Yoonie sad! Be prepared for at least hundred years of torture for making my Baby cry”, Taehyung growled out, voice dripping from power, the power of the Queen of hell.

“No one hurts my family”, Taehyung hissed and Hoseok nearly squeaked and stumbled back but a cute giggle from Yoongi held him back. “TaeTae, it’s okay. I have my own plans to make him suffer”, Yoongi evilly said, shooting Hoseok a sickly sweet smile.

°°°

“B-but Ggu... this castle is protected by spells, how did you find us?“, Taehyung asked while Jeongguk carried him downstairs, Hoseok hot on his tail and bowing his head in shame for being scolded by the usual gentle and loving Queen.

Jeongguk stiffened by this question, suddenly feeling loss on words because this answer was bond with the secret he promised to keep from Taehyung for his well being. The promise to hide every memory of his past best friend Park Jimin. Taehyung himself has begged Jeongguk to take away the memory on him and Jeongguk of course did what his love asked him to.

Now that Jimin was back and tried to get Taehyung, Jeongguk felt like it was the wrong thing to keep away from Taehyung as the truth would always come out. Maybe it was time for Taehyung to encounter his old demons and face his former best friend of the past.

"He was J- Jimin's lover and Hoseok was used by him to get to you", Jeongguk said, heart aching because he knew what this was going to do with Taehyung, his precious Baby who deserved nothing but the best. Now putting him back into facing the insanity of Jimin was breaking Jeongguk apart. He remembered vividly how Taehyung has cried and cried over the loss of his dearest friend.

Jeongguk knew that Taehyung couldn't forgive himself when it came to Jimin, the only one Taehyung regretted leaving for Jeongguk. And yes, the devil was also afraid that Jimin could be the reason for Taehyung to leave him.

"W-why me? Why is Jimin so angry when he found out I do not know him? Or did I know him? Because I feel like I did, like something is missing when I look at him", Taehyung mumbled out confused and it was Hoseok's turn to look perplexed, so he was right about the connection between his ex and the Queen of hell.

"Because you did know him in the past... then something horrible happened and you asked me to take the memory of him away", Jeongguk pressed out the revealing words, tightening his grip around Taehyung because there was no way he would let him go now. His Baby was everything he had and without him, Jeongguk for sure would turn worse than he was before Taehyung.