The Accident

It was a dark and cloudy day in the Pride Lands and everyone was grazing, getting a drink at the watering hole, or just roaming around the savanna. Everyone except for a young lion who was sitting at the edge of Pride Rock. "Kion is something troubling you?" Asked Vitani. "Oh, hey Vitani, I am perfectly fine just thinking about a few things that's all." Replied Kion. "Okay but remember, I am always here if you ever need to talk to someone, we may not be blood relatives but we are still brother and sister okay." Said Vitani. "If course Vitani, even if we're not related we are still family and I still think of as my sister any way." Stated Kion. Just then it decided to start pouring rain and the winds picked up a lot. Once everyone got back inside Pride Rock they settled down for the rest of the day so they can wait out the storm. "Hey mom, how long do you think this storm will last?" Asked Kiara. "I'm not sure sweetie, could last all day from the looks of it." Said Nala. So Kiara decided to go and lay down with Kion on the kings rock in the den. "Hey Kion." Said Kiara. "Hello beautiful." Replied Kion making Kiara blush. "Kion not in front of everyone." Complained Kiara. "Why would I knot complement you, I like to and I will do it all the time if that's what it takes to get you to get used to it." Said Kion with a sly grin on his face. After that Kion and Kiara went to sleep. Meanwhile in the Backlands. "Ugh why did it have to rain." Complained Fuli as she and her cheetah army had to take shelter so they did not get wet. Back to Pride Rock. After the rain stopped Kion walked over to the edge of Pride Rock to think about things. 'Why does Fuli hate me so much, all I ever did was say that I only liked her as a friend and that was it and now she hates me, Kiara and the whole pride even her own mother and sister have been attacked by Fuli's cheetah army.' Thought Kion. But Kion was brought out of his thoughts when a paw touched his side. He looked over to see his mother Mlezi. "Hey mom, how are you?" Asked Kion. "I am fine but are you, you seem distant and confused about something?" Stated Mlezi. "How did you know?" Asked Kion. "Please Kion, I am your mother, it's my job to be able to see that kind of thing from my cubs and I also may have a question to ask you later." States Mlezi rather nervously. "Okay mom, but yeah I was trying to figure out why Fuli wants to kill me so bad because all I did was tell her that I saw her as a sister and wanted to remain friends and the next thing I know she is trying to kill Kiara and me." Stated Kion. "I see well I don't know, she could have felt like Kiara stole you away from her because of her feelings but I really don't know how to answer that Kion." Replied Mlezi. "Oh well I think I just need to firget about it, now what did you want to ask me mom?" Asked Kion. With that one question Mlezi stiffened and looked tense. "I was wondering if you would mind if I found another male to become mates to and then you would have a dad again?" Asked Mlezi. "I wouldn't mind at all, as long as you are happy then I am happy mom. Stated Kion. After he said that Mlezi hugged her son and thanked him for understanding and wanting her to be happy. "Come on son we should head back inside for lunch." Stayed Mlezi. "Coming mom." Said Kion. But Kion slipped on a puddle close to the edge of Pride Rock and fell and hit the ground. When Mlezi saw this she instantly got Kiara, Nala, Zira, and Greeshmi because they were family and Greeshmi was the only lioness who could make sure someone was alive. "Is he okay Greeshmi?" Asked Mlezi. "He's fine just unconscious is all I suggest someone go get Rafiki while the rest of us bring Kion into the den." Stated Greeshmi. "I'll get Rafiki, sis you take Kion into the den. Stated Zira as she ran towards Rafiki's tree.