Beast (38)

AN: Please vote for this chapter before you go on

Damien

Seneca looked a lot like Dimitri. They both had grey eyes, high hollow check bones and dark brown curly hair. Seneca took her time analyzing each person in the cell. She was currently looking at me which made me rather uncomfortable. So, I opted to look at the fascinating floor. She then moved on to look at Rebecca. So, I finally turned my gaze back on her as this was after all my first proper encounter with her. But then I realised that she kept staring at Rebecca. So, I then also turned and looked at Rebecca and saw it. Rebecca's neck was fully bruised. Her skin around the collar was red and swollen as trails of blood seeped down her neck. I couldn't understand where these bruises were coming from. They looked so fresh. But then it clicked. Rebecca had surfaced her wolf to channel the magic from it and wolves are weakened by touching silver. She was currently knocked out. I just hope that she was still alive.

"Did she really think that turning into a wolf was going to save her," Seneca said and started laughing. I couldn't deny the fact that she had the same laugh as Dimitri as well. It was surprising how much similarity the two sibling shared. I wouldn't be surprised if one was to claim that they were twins.

Only after Seneca's comment did Dimitri flip his head to check on Rebecca. Of course this meant he saw her knocked out. I looked at him in warning, hoping to calm him down. But deep down I knew it was too late. Dimitri loved Rebecca even if he wasn't aware of it yet. And seeing her hurt like this would only lead to one thing.

In a flash Dimitri was out of his chains and strangling his sister. Seneca was surprised at first but then she quickly recovered. She easily pushed Dimitri off her with her magic and had him land pretty hard on the concrete floor.

"Son stop it," a voice spoke breaking the silence that had now encased us all. I wasn't even aware of the king being in this room with us. It was after all a huge dungeon. Not to mention that our chains had each of us stuck facing one direction. It hurt changing directions. I was relieved that the king was alive and with us right now. Dimitri was currently going beast mode and it was dangerous. The king managed to calm his son down once and I was counting on him to do it again today.

In a matter of seconds, the two siblings began to fight. If there was a human in here, they would not have seen anything as the siblings were going at it extremely fast. Even with my vampire vision, I was missing most of this game changing fight.

All in all Dimitri seemed to be holding his own with his sister so let them be. I was of no use in this battle anyways. So, I quickly went to where Rebecca was laying and removed her chains. Every moment that they still on her had them hurting her wolf even more. Besides we needed Rebecca's skills right about now. So, I extended my fangs and bit myself on my wrist to get some blood flowing out. I then placed my wrist above Rebecca's mouth and used my other hand to open her lips. Then I dropped some of my blood into Rebecca's mouth just in time as my healing kicked in and closed up the holes on my wrist. Some vampire blood should be able to heal Rebecca fast enough to wake up soon.

As I waited for Rebecca to recover and wake up, I continued to watch the siblings battle it out. Then all of a sudden Seneca threw one heck of a hard punch directly onto Dimitri's jaw. That hit immediately dislocated his jaw with a loud crack as his face went sideways. Dimitri then landed onto the ground shortly after in a loud thump.

Seneca seemed to panic as she violently shook her head. Then she immediately bolted out the dungeons and left the doors wide open. From the angle I was watching Seneca was bleeding from her head and seemed to have gained a busted lip and black eye. I guess she didn't get out of this entirely unscathed.

"What happened?" Rebecca asked groggily as she regained her consciousness. Of course she would only wake up once the whole fight was over. Her eyes landed on beat down Dimitri in the center of the cell floor. In an instant all the sleepiness disappeared and she stared at Dimitri's body in pure horror. "He is going to be fine," I said hoping to calm her dowm. But from the way she kept staring at him in shock, I knew that I was wrong. "What is it I asked?" impatiently.

"His beast... He let his beast out. She knocked out his beast Damien... Your beast is your most powerful form as a vampire. But it is also your most vulnerable state. If the beast is knocked out, then Dimitri won't heal. So, he will be as good as dead in a few minutes," She finished off.

"Well do something!" I shouted as worry overtook me. I needed my best friend still. I couldn't afford to lose another person. It would break me and I don't think I would recover this time around. How did I not even realise that he was slowly dying all along? But now that I was looking at Dimitri again, I could see that his veins were slowly turning purple. He was really dying.

"I need to channel one of you to go into his body and heal the beast, "She said. So, I immediately put my hand out to for her to channel me. But instead she looked to me and said, "This will take a lot of energy and most likely will kill you in the process. Besides your beast is bound to Dimitri since he turned you. You are busy dying too. I will not and cannot take your life. But I will take kings instead."

Then next thing I knew, I felt myself slowly fall down as darkness welcomed me with opened arms. 

XXXX

AN

QOC: Have you ever fainted before? I haven't. But I had witnessed it happen to a friend. It was kind of freaky.

So, A lot when on in this chapter. What are your thoughts on all that happened? Let me know in the comment section

If you liked the chapter please don't forget to vote. It means a lot to me.