𝖨: Dwarf Diaries

act one, chapter one: dwarf diaries!

      QUINN AVENFORT LIKES TO let people assume her only personality trait is being a hater. That her philosophy means anyone and anything that breaths (sometimes non-breathing works too) is absolute and utter junk, unworthy of even an ounce of her attention. After all, this is kinda correct, though in her defense, only about half true.

You see, she likes what little family she had left, even if they don't agree with her petitions against the oppressive patriarchal values of their education and governing. She also likes her guitar (no exception for that one, she actually really likes it) and she also loves puppies (she is a human being after all!) It's only the fact that she feels very. . . strongly for some of her firm beliefs that give her a reputation of being eminently opinionated, and a nuisance about Wizarding politics, prominent writers of their time and age, and 'misogynistic asswipes'.

One particularly strong judgement she's recently developed, by the age of fifteen and only four years of first-hand experience, was that every single haughty head of House at Hogwarts (what a mouthful!) was acutely, and exceedingly annoying.

Why oh why must they meddle so much in students' business? In her gracious opinion, they can do far more work in reforming the awful curriculum they called, "Best of the Wizarding World! As Commended by Bertha Jorkins!" She knows for a fact that if more effort was placed by the house sponsors in finding a somewhat adequate Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher rather than taking away house points for expressing a valid point, she wouldn't be spending more time being berated rather than peacefully protesting the use of Emeric Switch's textbooks (further research on his character had alerted Quinn as to his anti-goblin views). If she's being specific with the topic, she would be directly mentioning Ravenclaw's head of house— Filius Flitwick. And to Quinn's absolutely spectacular luck, it happened to be her house as well, meaning he's the one to deliver the familiar breaking rules is bad! speech every time she does anything worthy of such torture, just as he was that afternoon of only their second day back at Hogwarts.