chapter 18

Isaac POV:

"Excuse me, do you know where the restrooms are?" 

I turned around to see a girl looking up at me with big brown eyes. I guessed she was our age, but I had to look down, her height being below average.

"Uh I think I saw some if you carry on going straight, but I'm not fully sure sorry."

"It's alright thank you-" She began to say when a guy from the soccer team we were playing against came up behind her, squeezing her boobs. I cringed and had to look down at the ground for a second to recover from whatever just happened. Looking back up didn't help at all.

He roughly kissed her, the kiss looking so sloppy, then turned to glare at me, "What are you doing with my girlfriend?"

"I was just telling her where the restrooms are." I explained.

"She's taken."

"John... stop. He was just helping me." She giggled.

What an ugly name.

"I know baby you'll always be my little girl." They started doing some weird nose bopping and I took this as my cue to leave.

"What the fuck was that?" Harrison looked over at the two who were still in the same spot I left them.

"You saw that too?"

He nodded.

"Thank God, I thought I was going mad." I sighed.

"Alright boys. Huddle." We all huddled together, adrenaline pumping. "This is our first game, and we have to win. All the training, the sweat, the tears, have all been for this. This is where all the effort you've put in practice will be shown. Just play 10 times harder than you ever have before, and we're set. Go out there and show them how hard you've worked."

We all jogged on and got into our starting positions. I spotted the guy who I would now call foulmouth since every word I had heard from his mouth was crap. The whistle went and I blew a breath, then we were off.

***

The other team sucked. Like big time sucked. Right now, it was 9-0, and there were about 2 minutes left from what it seemed.

I had the ball now, the only thing stopping me being their shitty goalkeeper. Suddenly, foulmouth came from behind me, sticking his leg out to deliberately trip me up. I lost my balance, but I was able to pass the ball to a teammate who received it.

Then I slid, pulling the guy with me. He landed on top of me, his weight having to be like 600 pounds.

"Fuck... get off me." I grunted, pushing him off of me. It felt like I had just been winded by his weight. The final whistle sounded, and I got up, dusting any mud on me off.

Harrison rushed to my side, "You alright?". I nodded, ignoring the pain in my knee.

It would go soon.

Definitely.

Coach congratulated us as I tried my hardest to ignore the throbbing ache in my knee. This was only the first match; I was not sitting on the bench for the rest of the games. Coach reminded us about dinner, my only thoughts focused on the discomfort in my knee, which would definitely get better...

***

It got worse.

I was currently sitting on my bed, Zavier had disappeared 20 minutes ago. Apparently he had found a 'chick' at the game. No surprise there. I stood up from my bed and searched around the room to see if there was some type of first aid kit where I could find an ice pack.