[27] Why

Some of you asked for Elijah's POV for the last chapter. So here you go

 So here you go

Elijah's POV:

Kiara was the only person that saw me, the real me after all this time of hiding in the shadows. My walls, my guards, everything was broken down the second our lips met. I was scared. I was so scared to admit that she might be the person to bring me back.

And to prevent that, I had to hate her. I had to make her hate me even more than she already did. Because in my world, if you're not the hunter....you're the prey. And I don't plan on being one. I can't get soft because of a girl. I can't.

It's not a man ego or something. It's business. The business that was snatched from my father and given to me. My father.... pathetic loser. He double dated Lukas's mother and my mother in highschool and got both of them pregnant at the same time, me being elder by a few months.

My father decided to stay with Lukas's mother. He left my mother and I, he did support us with finances to an extent until his business fell into debt. But either way he wasn't there for me as a father. My mother took responsibility of me. She became both a father and a mother figure for me.

She had a major smoking problem from all the stress my father had put her through. I saw my mother crying herself to sleep everyday, I saw her begging people to not kick us out of our small apartment just because we were unable to pay the rent. I saw her sacrificing her meals so that I was able to have mine.

I saw her struggle. I saw her pain. I felt it, and yet everytime she was near me she had this huge smile on her face, pretending she was okay. She was strong for me and that's what motivated me to be a better person.

At a very young age I had to take responsibility, I started working part time jobs here and there. I was yelled at, nagged at but I got over it, happily. My mother's upbringing made me like that. Nothing could break me and make me ruthless.

Well atleast that's what I thought......

She smoked her lungs out and got lung cancer. I blame my pathetic so called father. That made me numb, for 2 years I worked my ass off to pay every bill while my mother stayed at home and rested. Even though she debated a lot about it, I didn't let her help me.

My mother went on and on putting a smile on her face and showcasing that she was strong even though she was dying inside.

I couldn't help my mother. I failed her.
That's when I changed. That's when I turned, not just ruthless, but into a monster.

I was numb from all the pain. I felt nothing. Noah, Sin, Bri and Linda everyone were concerned for me... and yet I didn't react to any of their motivational talks but instead I yelled at them to leave me alone and to not show me their faces.

I remember when a girl approached me at uni, she confessed her love for me and gave me a cake with it. Before her love confession even started, I grabbed the cake by the base and slammed it on her face.