Chapter 20

Failure

You and Link walked through Hyrule Field as it was getting really cloudy. Entering Hyrule Castle town, you called your people. Appreciating them for everything they've done and apologize for all they've been through.

You were ready. Ready for the castle.

~

They were happy to be back home. As you stood in front of the throne, a woman came to you. "M'lady. You have received company.." She said, leaving. You and Link headed out and saw him. The chief.

"You can't get rid of me, (Y/N)."

"I thought you were gone for good.." Link said, quietly. "You wish. (Y/N)! You have incredible power now, don't be selfish..share it, will you?"

You summoned Akari. "You threatened and attacked the Hylian forces. Why?"

"Why? Is that the question you should be asking? Aren't you supposed to be going somewhere by tomorrow?" He smirked.

"(Y/N)? What is he talking about?" Akari asked. "Everyone. Your princess is leaving the castle into the hands of no one. She needs to find her family-"

"I'm not going anywhere!" Link kept looking at you. "They sure hope so, because you're coming with me!" The chief pulled out a gem that matched the color of your eyes and pulled you in.

"(Y/N)!" Link shouted.

Akari got kicked out. Link began shooting arrows. Your people stepped in to save you but he pushed them away. Link got him to drop the gem as Akari flew to grab it. You came back to being human. "No!" Then transformed back into the gem.

The chief somehow slapped Akari out of the way and you transformed back into human again. He targeted you while you were on the floor. Running to you, holding a sword, Link got in the way to protect you and got stabbed.

You gasped and stood up. "Link!!" Ending up in the gem again. The people went to Link's aid. The chief laughed maniacally. "Your power will be mine!" Said as he tried to swallow all of your power, by ignoring you still had full control of yourself.

The chief screamed in agony and pain. It was too much. "(Y/N), stop! Link is fine!"

~

You hear Akari's voice from the outside. 'He is?' You thought.

The power calmed down from the chief's body. As Link was being taken care of, he screamed which triggered you and caused the chief to suffer.

"Get this out of me!!! Please! Help!!!" He kept shouting. Akari went into his body to grab the gem. As she tried, pulling you out, you kept giving it all of your power.

Once you were out, your whole body was thrown to the ground. "M-Monster!" The chief tried escaping. "I hope they execute you!!!"

With your last strength, you created a lasso to pull him. Someone suddenly paralyzed you which ended up to him running off. You looked to your side and it was Akari. You ended up passing out.

"(Y/N)? Stay alive.." Link crawled to you.

The chief saw another opportunity and came back, taking Akari and the people all at the same time.

You still had some left in you. "No..! Come back! I beg of you!! They're innocent, take me instead!"

Link's mouth was drooling in blood, his chest was filled with blood. You lost all consciousness on the ground.