14.) Biggest fears

Cal

"The tomorrow in my mind is often what I wish today would have been had I not been held hostage to the fears that my yesterday left me with

"The tomorrow in my mind is often what I wish today would have been had I not been held hostage to the fears that my yesterday left me with."

- Craig D. Lounsbrough

"So we passed the first stage of training and this is our reward. Glamorous." Chris complained as I get handed a supply bag then walked to the other truck. "What? Did you expect cake?" Will asked from behind me as I tossed the bag up to a person on the other truck.

"You know what I mean." Chris sassed to him and I smiled. "I'm just glad we're not running. My legs could use a break." I said to her and make my way to the other truck, Tris handed me a bag and I take it to the other one. "Cal." Edward called me, I tossed the bag up to a dauntless and turned around to face him. "Yeah?" I answered him.

"Eric says he needs you to help him count medical bags." He said, I scratched the back of my neck and I nodded. "Okay." I said dusting my hands and make my way to the medic storage unit.

I jump up and walked to where Eric was. He was holding a clipboard while counting behind stocked shelves.

"Great. You're here." He said not looking up and continued to count, so I took another step towards him. "What's 54 times 32?" He questioned while writing. "1,728." I answered, he nodded and finally looked up at me.

"Tell me how many emergency kits we have over there." He said pointing to his opposite side, I nod and walked around him to the dead end. I squat down and count the bags by 5 since they were pretty stocked up. "67." I answered and got back up.

"Hmm. We're missing 3. You sure it's 67?" He asked looking back down at his board. "Yes, I'm sure." I answered, he nods and set the clipboard on the shelf then he walked to where I stood. He squats down to count the bags again and I took a step back, but some other shelves blocked me from getting more space. "67." He said standing back up and stared me down.

"You know, I talked to your mom. She gave me this big old talk about how smart and witty you are. She seemed really proud about you." He crossed his arms and I bite the inside of my cheek. "You know, I used to be an Erudite." He added and I looked at him confused. "Your mom is going to be there during your next test."

"She also told me to keep an eye on you."

"Why?" I asked him.

"She said that you tend to lean the other direction when it comes to certain...Standards." He answered.

Crap. Does he know? Did he know I was Divergent? That I am a deviant. And that I am a "danger" to society.